Friday, July 3, 2009

FLLCJULY

I found another challenge from Flourishes today to incorporate the feeling of being by the sea. I've been itching to use this EK border punch because it has sand castles, pails and shovels and all those good things you'd expect to find on a beach. I used some cottonwood cardstock for the beach, taken with teal for the sea, and cool caribbean for the cardbase and sky. I used the little swirls from the Sweet Pea stamp and stamped them in white on the "sea." I distressed the edges of the water and added white and turquoise stickles randomly to look like water. The beach ball and flip-flops were small stamps I had that I stamped with Versafine Onyx Black and colored with Tombows. The sun was done with 2 punches and Tangerine Tango, and YoYo Yellow cardstocks and they too were enhanced with yellow and orange stickles. I cut a scalloped circle and used that to lightly sponge the sky with white. The sentiment is from the Poppy set.
It's a very quiet weekend so far, and I got lots of stamping done today, so more posts are on the way:)
Toodles!

Carol