Thursday, July 2, 2009

Another Birthday

Good Thursday Morning everyone :)
A friend ordered a few cards last night, so this was the first one I made for her. She told me her SIL loves flowers and bright colors so that's pretty much the basis for this card. I cut the top note die and stamped the Upsy Daisy flower image on it with Versamark and embossed it with black ep. I sponged scarlet, orange and canary yellow inks, while putting a punched circle on the top with removable adhesive to represent the moon. I'm thinking perhaps a night sky might have the reverse order of the colors I sponged, but I liked the overall look even if it isn't true to life. I stamped the sentiment on the panel, added some dsp by K&Co, and added a ribbon & bow and this card was done in a flash.
Thanks for stopping by today and have yourselves a great day!

Carol

5 comments:

Stampin' With Jessi and Rachel said...

Oooo I like this one! Great DSP and colors! I'm sure your friend and the SIL will LOVE it!

LeAnne said...

Wow, this is bright and beautiful! She will LOVE this! What a great technique and you do it so well!

JD said...

Beautiful card. That's one of my favorite SU stamps...

Denise (peanutbee) said...

Ohhhhhh, the colors on that main panel are FANTASTIC!!....so bright and tropical! I love it!

Silke said...

Beautfiul!!! The sponging is so cool and scerene!!! This is another fav SU Set of mine too!!! I love how this card turned out - Carol!!! Hugs ~S~