Monday, June 22, 2009

VLVJun04 Sketch Challenge w/twist

Good Monday morning everyone!
I finally found time to make my 4th and final card for the Viva La Verve June sketch challenges with a twist. The twist this week was to add just one piece of dsp and draw inspiration from it. I chose a piece of Basic Grey Wisteria because it has my favorite color purple in it! I love the purple and blues together. I stamped off the small flowers once in eggplant and added some 3mm pearls to the centers. I used my coluzzle to cut the dsp and then used a Nestie to cut the scalloped mat behind it. The ribbons are both by SU! and the stamp set I used is called "because of you" by Verve. The embellishments are cardstock pieces cut with a hole punch and covered with CTMH liquid glass.
I hope you all had a great weekend and I wish you a great week ahead. It's Monday and the sun is actually shining, could it be any better?!

Carol

5 comments:

Susan (rainy) said...

Carol this is beautiful. The paper you chose is gorgeous. I can defintely see how the card was inspired from it. Love the double ribbon in contrasting colors, too.

Denise (peanutbee) said...

Beautiful!!

JD said...

You are so good with the challenges...nicely done...

LeAnne said...

This is lovely! I need to get me some Wisteria!!!

Sue from Oregon said...

oh pretty..This makes a nice CAS card.