Monday, June 29, 2009

Extremes!

If you saw my card yesterday, you know I was supposed to add distressing to meet the Viva La Verve July01 sketch challenge. I forgot to distress, so when I saw today's technique challenge over on SCS to make Faux Burnt Edges I thought hmm......... I wonder if I could combine both challenges in one card? Well this is that extreme result and I hope you get a chuckle or two out of it. I took this card a slight bit {LOL} over the top with the burnt edges look, but this is just where my mind went with it. After I sponged the first top note diecut piece with inks, I thought wow, that looks like it really went through a fire! I decided to take a piece of bright orange cardstock to make the bottom top note layer since that reminded me of flames. After I sponged that one, I thought wow, this looks like it burnt to a crisp! I took a piece of orange ribbon and sponged that with black and walnut inks to give it that crispy look too :) Then I wondered what on earth I'd use for a sentiment for something like this?! As I looked through my stamps, I found this little chihuahua stamp and remembered posting a card with this image on SCS some time ago. One lady commented that it looked like Paris Hilton's dog Tinkerbelle. Ok, we all know Paris's trademark answer to everything, right? THAT'S HOT! That was an aha moment for me. Honestly, I never planned on making a card like this......especially for a VERVE challenge! Verve makes the most elegant stamps while this one might be categorized as shabby grunge! I computer generated the sentiment since Verve makes nothing appropriate for this type of card! *snort* Oh well, I had a good laugh over the results and I hope it brings a smile to your face too :) We once had 2 chihuahuas and they brought so much joy to our lives, so perhaps that's why I find this one so amusing. I miss those little guys too!
Thanks for stopping by, and have a great Monday :)

Carol

stamps - Doggie Bag by A Muse artstamps, Technique Tuesday
paper - cottonwood, orange, black
inks - versafine Onyx Black, Ranger Distress Walnut, Antique Linen, and Black , White Craft Ink, Soft Gray Wool
accessories - top note die, TOmbow markers, Clear ep, ribbon, sponges

3 comments:

Denise Marzec said...

Oh WOWWWWW! Seriously, what a WOW!!

Silke Ledlow said...

He,he,he - the image is super cute :)!!! Your take on the TLC is fabulous!!! Hugs ~S~

LeAnne said...

I am certainly glad you explained about Paris Hilton.....for the life of me I could not figure out quite what this card was about!!! Now I am hysterically LOL!!! Not funny, but this looks like Dr Rohrbach's house....do you know him? He is DH's dentist in Pottstown and his house just burned down---Tooth Acres.!!! So sad. Thanks for the giggle!