Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Viva La Verve May03

Hello everyone.............I hope your Tuesday is going well :)
I made this card for the May03 Viva La Verve sketch challenge with a twist. The twist is to use a favorite color combo, embellishment, or stamp set. I only have one Verve stamp set, so that was the one I chose for this card. Turquoise is a favorite color of mine, and this dsp that was a gift from Heidi is also a favorite. The mizuhiki has long been a favorite embellishment of mine, but it's very difficult to ahdere to cardstock, so I don't often use it. I figured out that if I punched a couple holes and tied it to the cardstock it lays flat, so that's what I did here. I also stuck a couple glue dots underneath it for added security too. I looped a single strand of it around the punched corners of the sentiment panel and taped it to the back, then popped it up on foam squares. I added a few Kaiser turquoise gemstones and a flourish die cut for added interest. The cardstock has metallic accents which really look much prettier IRL, and there are touches of blue that coordinate with the turquoise cardstock.
Thanks for stopping by and have yourself a wonderful day!

Carol

5 comments:

Carol L said...

OOOO LA LA! Carol, I love this whole beautiful creation, but that ribbon is exquisite! Wow, how awesome to make that the focal point! You amaze me, girl!

Windy in Illinois

JD/ Jill said...

Wow! Very nice, I especially like the Mizuhiki embellishment.

LeAnne said...

Wow! This is a definite work of art---incredible embellishments and the colors are dazzling!

Susan (rainy) said...

This is so colorful and alive! Very creative how you have tied the embellishment on to secure it. Beautiful card!

Ana Isabel said...

This one is sooo cute!

I love your blog! :)