Thursday, April 9, 2009

KSS Crew Challenge #11 - monochromatic

I made this card for the KSS Crew Challenge #11 hosted by Makiko. I really struggle to make monochromatic cards and I spent more time thinking about what I was going to do than actually making the card. This is a wonky photo with a greenish tint, but no matter how much light I added or how I positioned it, it still has that greenish look. The card is done in pinks. I used my Honey Bunny stamp set (thanks again for them Heidi) to make the flowers. I always assumed they were sunflowers, but the more I studied them, the more I realized they could be almost any flower and probably aren't sunflowers afterall! That's when I decided to go with pink and finally got the card finished. I used some raspberry tart dsp and punched it with my favorite punch, the EK Fleur de lis. I added a little piercing to the sentiment (if you click the picture you can see the details better) and a piece of Regal Rose ribbon to finish everything off.
Thanks for stopping by and thanks to KSS for another fun challenge (and this one really was a challenge for me!!)

Carol

stamps - KSS Honey Bunny
inks - blush, pink passion, coral, regal rose, rose red
papers - pink pirouette, white, raspberry tart dsp
accessories - EK punch, piercing tool, regal rose ribbon

6 comments:

You're kicking my butt in Illinois said...

Another totally fantastic, beautiful, elegant card! You're so far ahead of me in these challenges, now slow down....

Beautiful stamping, gorgeous colors, love the layout! This is a Kitchen Sink contest winner if I've ever seen one!

Me

Denise Marzec said...

Monochromatic cards aren't easy for me either. Yours came out beautifully!!

Lynn McAuley said...

What a pink beauty, Carol! Perfectly gorgeous with the wonderful punched edge!!

Thanks for joining us in challenge #11!!

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous card! I love the simplicity of the card and how you matched your envelope to the Gerbera border. Thanks for playing along with us!!

LeAnne said...

I LOVE monochromatic....this is soooo pretty! Just sweet & perfectly laid out!!! Love it!

Unknown said...

Ohhh, this is so beautiful! The pink daisies look so pretty and elegant!
Thank you for playing.