Saturday, April 11, 2009

Anniversary Wishes

Happy Saturday everyone!
I made this belated Anniversary card for my SIL and BIL who celebrated their 42nd wedding anniversary earlier this week. WOW! 42 years is a long time!! I love this image and use it often for anniversary cards. I stamped it on w/c paper with Versafine Black Onyx ink, embossed it with clear ep and colored it with tombow markers. I sponged the edges with cool gray ink and layered it on 2 different colors of gray and added some dew drops for interest. The card base is some of my hoarded, retired Pomegranate that I just LOVE. I cut the twill ribbon so the two words would show and fastened them to the heart-shaped clip with white heart-shaped brads. The inside has a beautiful scripted font "Happy Anniversary" that's embossed with silver EP.
It's raining here in PA and that's going to ruin the Easter egg hunts for a lot of little ones around here, but I'm sure they'll still manage to have fun in spite of the weather!
Have a wonderful weekend and Happy Easter everyone!

Carol

2 comments:

Sue from Oregon said...

This is a beautiful image Carol...I can see why it is a favorite.
I am linking up you and Heidi today on my blog! Posting some treats Miss H sent my way LOL!

LeAnne said...

So sweet!!