Thursday, March 5, 2009

Think Good Thoughts

Some times we all need to focus on having good thoughts. I made this card recently for my SIL before she faced some very serious surgery. That surgery is behind her now and she's well on her way to a full recovery {thank goodness}. These beautiful monochromatic papers were a gift from Michelle that came with an order from her fabulous store. I embossed the lightest shade with my Cuttlebug heart EF. I cut out the sentiment panel with my Nestabilities tag die and decided to use the negative portion since the sentiment fit better that way. The sentiment was embossed with Versamark and sprinkled with white EP. I used a tiny punch for the white hearts, and added a sequined larger heart with some darker cardstock underneath for contrast. A touch of white ribbon and this card was ready to go. My SIL loved it and intends to keep it which really makes me feel good.
Do you save your handmade cards? I have a huge scrapbook that I recently started, just for the purpose of saving hand-made cards I receive. I love each and every one of them and often drag that big book out just to ooooh and aaaaaaaah over all the beautiful work within.
Enjoy your day :)
Carol

No comments: