Friday, May 29, 2015

Friday FWF


I love navy & yellow colors together, so I used them for my Unity Friday FWF card today. I used a Unity background stamp called "cooped up notes" and stamped one in yellow, and one in navy. The yellow panel was embossed with a Tim Holtz alterations embossing folder by Sizzix, and I went over the raised embossed lines with a navy marker. I matted with yellow and blue cardstocks, then added the satin flowers, yellow brads, and a few tiny butterflies. The sentiment is a Unity Itty Bitty.

Thanks for stopping by today, and good luck! Someone commented on my blog last week and won a grab bag of stamps from Unity, so you never know when you might be a winner for commenting too! :)

Carol

34 comments:

  1. A lovely card Carol, the navy and yellow is a beautiful combination.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool card design with this chicken wire stamp, Carol. Love the two colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow love the chicken wire,this is fab.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely colour combo Carol, the spotted navy flowers are pretty and I love the the tiny butterflies too.
    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! LOVE that color combo! Such a fun design ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty honeycomb card in fab colours. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, Carol! I just love the chicken wire ... have a stamp of it from Unity & a Tim Holtz stencil that I'm wanting to use. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun card, love that unique background!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Navy and yellow are one of my very favorite color combos! LOVE this beautiful card. I thought that was a die instead of a stamp! Just gorgeous.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card Carol. Love the colour scheme and design. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your card is different but, I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mary Anne, a very nice card. I, too, love the blue and yellow. Love the offset hexagons and those tiny butterflies. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Carol, I said Mary Anne in my comment, DUH! Maybe I'd better slow down when I am doing things and pay more attention. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love yellow and navy together too Carol. I love your stamping, I didn't see the embossed part on the yellow because I thought you stamped that whole thing. lol I had to look hard to see that you embossed it. I love that stamp and that sentiment is so nice. Your butterflies and flowers look so pretty, just a beautiful card Carol! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE the navy and yellow together and all that chicken wire! I'm a winner from commenting on your blog too! I just had to wait for you to get around to calling my name. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is such a bright and beautiful card! Really love the dotted flowers and chicken wire design! :) Thanks for your kind and lovely comment on my blog! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely card,love the details of the flowers and the butterfly.Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This card is very original, and you made a beautiful background with the double honeycomb! Pretty design! The satin flowers look so well!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is beautiful Carol. Love the way you have layered this. I just know I am going to have to try it maybe with a bee theme!!
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. It is a beautiful color combo. I love the effect you got from embossing and marker overlay. Such a beautiful card :o)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Well congrats to the winner of the Unity stamps. Don't think I have any from that mfrg. I am loving your navy & yellow scheme. The colors play off each other very stylishly, and I'm really liking the honeycomb offset with the colors in that border too. Draws the eye right in. Ditto with the script behind the top navy honeycomb panel. Great design, love those polka dot flowers & their yellow centers, with the tiny yellow butterflies. Another great card. TFS & Happy wkend.

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a great card and I love the cooped up stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  23. This card is absolutely amazing. I love everything about it, from the colors, to the patterns to the little daisies. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I really love these colors together and the layout that you chose. Made for an elegant card :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wowzer, this looks fabulous Carol, the wire net looks so real..have a lovely weekend.xx{aNNie My Personal Blog}.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  26. I do so love this Unity stamp. You used it perfectly, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I find this so interesting I am casing this hope you don't mind ..well I don't really care I am doing it anyway...........Lis

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great color combo and I like the inking and embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thanks for sharing your wonderful FWF card.
    Crafty hugs,
    Dawn
    DesignsbyDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is fun! The chicken wire really caught my eye, Carol.

    ReplyDelete
  31. What a neat looking card! Love the colors & design!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love the mix of colors on the chicken wire - very eye-catching. This is a really great card - really grabs attention, pretty colors, and great design. Hugz

    ReplyDelete

Please don't be concerned when word verification appears. You don't need to type in the numbers. Just type your comment, then hit "publish" and you'll bypass the word verification.
Thanks for taking time to leave comments, they're always appreciated :)