Sunday, March 18, 2012

Simple Elegance

I saw this Tuesday Trigger Simple Elegance inspirational photo over on the MoxieFab World blog and wanted to play along as soon as I saw it. I had a vision in my head for a few days before I finally sat down and created my card.

I created the background by inking the top of my CB Victoria embossing folder with Memento Desert Sand ink, then embossing a piece of PTI vintage cream card stock with my Big Kick machine. I was trying to mirror the soft look of the chair in the photo. I added chocolate brown card stock, ink, and ribbon to bring out the darker color of the drapes. I tried using soft pink gemstones in keeping with the inspiration photo, but they simply got lost with the chocolate colors, so I used some Swarovski brown crystals for accents on the sentiment panel. The sentiment is from Sincere Salutations by SU!
Thanks for stopping by and have yourself a great Sunday!

Carol

13 comments:

  1. hun, i love this card so much!

    what a fantastic style to send get well-wishes!

    hugs and kisses from germany,
    silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. CAS and beautiful! Love that wonderful ribbon on here too.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. A truly Elegant look is what I saw when I looked that this card. You accomplished the look you were going for. Your background has that soft elegant feel just like the chairs in the photo. A total winner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another beauty! This would certainly go a long way to make someone feel better. I love the look of your embossing folder. I have Desert Sand so I am going to try to remember this and case yours. It's super duper.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty card, Carol, and I want that room! It's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So Elegant and Lovely Miss Carol! I am definitely going to have to give that technique a try with the inked EF. 8-)

    Hugs
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is totally awesome Carol! Love the elegant CAS look!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this! It is so elegantly beautiful! TFS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Carol! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW!!! You - NAILED it, baby! This is STUN-NING!

    ReplyDelete

Please don't be concerned when word verification appears. You don't need to type in the numbers. Just type your comment, then hit "publish" and you'll bypass the word verification.
Thanks for taking time to leave comments, they're always appreciated :)