Sunday, June 6, 2010

Stamping 411

When I saw the Stamping 411 Saturday Sketch Challenge 154 , I had to play along! I love this easy sketch and I needed a birthday card so I got to work. This one came together quickly, so I made a few others to stick in my next OWH box too. I had to use one of my new Tim Holtz texture fades embossing folders (again) that my friend Heidi generously gave me as a gift. I just love love love the look of those embossing folders. I paired Certainly Celery and Pretty in Pink for this card, and used a SU! image colored with markers. I dotted the tiny flowers with Hero Arts 3mm pearls. The sentiment is also by SU! The ribbon was by Offrey and I used the Bow-Easy to create the bow. How did I live without that great little tool for so long?!
Here's to wrapping up the weekend and may your week ahead be a good one!

Carol

17 comments:

  1. Wow wow wow! I am LOVING this card...right up my alley with those colors and that gorgeous bow. I need you to teach me how you do it so well.....that thing and I fight all the time! Gorgeous creation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous, Carol! Love the soft, feminine colors and texture. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow...I LOVE this one! great colors...so soft!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW WOW WOW Carol what a wonderful card.

    Anke

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is a beauty, Carol. Love the sweet colors, that fabo ribbon, the wonderful embossing and the perfect little pearl detailing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how I love that SU image!! This card is just too perfect and I think it is perfect for a birthday. Your colors...WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Card. Love the pearls on the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, this is so pretty! I love the colors. Great embellishments and texture. Awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow wow wow is right! this is stunning! I love the big bow, and all the pearls. Amazing texture! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE this card! It's so soft & pretty, with beautiful elements like that perfect bow and the tiny pearls...did I mention I love this card?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Carol, I thought I had left a comment for this card...but I don't see it...so I will try again...This card is so lovely, and you would know that ti really like that pretty PINK bow...Hugs, Jill

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a gorgeous card, it's simply elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  13. what a wounderful Card. i just love it! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such a beautiful card. I just love it. What size is the base?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the card but how does it do in the mail? Do you have mailing suggestions?

    ReplyDelete

Please don't be concerned when word verification appears. You don't need to type in the numbers. Just type your comment, then hit "publish" and you'll bypass the word verification.
Thanks for taking time to leave comments, they're always appreciated :)