Tuesday, May 5, 2009

VLVMay01 Sketch Challenge with a twist

I made this card for the VivaLaVerveMay01 sketch challenge with a twist. The twist was to use something from your home for inspiration. The rag quilt photographed behind this card is what inspired me. I made this quilt several years ago, and as the sentiment indicates, it's brought me comfort many times on chilly evenings. I know the colors aren't for everyone, but for me they're perfect........I'm a purple girl from the getgo! I used scraps of paper to make this and stamped the squares with white pigment ink and coordinating color inks to resemble the flannel patterns. I distressed all the edges to look like the ragged edges of the quilt. I cut a heart from purple cardstock and distressed that before adding to the square. There are random hearts sewn onto the quilt too. I suppose I actually recreated my own ragquilt onto cardstock didn't I?
Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day. It's still raining here in PA, so I'll stay in my craft room a while longer.

Carol

stamps - Verve, Stem Silhouettes, Flannel Plaid
paper - scraps of purple, lavendar, aqua and blue, PTI white

inks - elegant eggplant, white ColorBox, Night of Navy, Baja Breeze,Lavendar Lace
accessories - Heidi Swapp edge distresser, heart diecut, elegant eggplant grosgrain ribbon

6 comments:

  1. Your colors are just beautiful! You make so nice stuff! I like come back often to visit!

    Hugs Monica

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow...very dramatic rag quilt you have there !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhh....I LOVE those colors together! Very pretty card, and really clever of you to come up with the idea! I LOVE it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job with this challenge...Nicely done...I'm tired of the rain, but I have managed to get a lot more cards done this week because of the rain...

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMW, this is wonderful! You've captured your quilt perfectly, and how pretty it is! I love these deep jewel tones....great card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW - this is fab!!! I love the Sketch with the twist - LOL!!! The colors are wonderful and perfectly displayed with the quilt!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please don't be concerned when word verification appears. You don't need to type in the numbers. Just type your comment, then hit "publish" and you'll bypass the word verification.
Thanks for taking time to leave comments, they're always appreciated :)