Saturday, April 25, 2009

VLVApr05 challenge

I'm posting in the wee hours when I should be in bed, but I'm wide awake so I thought I'd make a card for the Viva La Verve challenge. I used groovy guava and certainly celery for this. I was so hoping I had a little piece of guava double-stitched ribbon for this, but boo-hoo! All gone :( I wish SU! would bring back that awesome ribbon. Anyhoo - I used celery ribbon instead. I used the corner rounder to make the scalloped border, and Nesties for the focal image. The stamp is Sweet Peas by Flourishes and I water colored it with Tombows. A few Kaiser Blush pearls, a stamped sentiment, and I was done!
We're heading for temps in the mid to high 80s tomorrow, so I won't be indoors stamping too much! Have a great weekend everyone!

Carol

6 comments:

  1. What a pretty card...I especially love the addition of the pearl and the scalloped edge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! I was hoping I could find some Groovy Guava ribbon for you in my stash, but no go! Sorry! This looks very pretty just as it is, I love these two colors together!
    LeAnne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks very pretty just that way you made it...Yes I'm loving the nice weather here today, and was outdoors a lot this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous, girl! Love the colors in those flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carol - your card is gorgeous!!! Don't you just love this Set??? I do :)!!! Your color choice is beautiful and so is your coloring!!!

    Have a wonderful weekend!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  6. All of your cards/projects are fantastic on your blog!! Will be back to visit!

    ReplyDelete

Please don't be concerned when word verification appears. You don't need to type in the numbers. Just type your comment, then hit "publish" and you'll bypass the word verification.
Thanks for taking time to leave comments, they're always appreciated :)