Saturday, April 11, 2009

Anniversary Wishes

Happy Saturday everyone!
I made this belated Anniversary card for my SIL and BIL who celebrated their 42nd wedding anniversary earlier this week. WOW! 42 years is a long time!! I love this image and use it often for anniversary cards. I stamped it on w/c paper with Versafine Black Onyx ink, embossed it with clear ep and colored it with tombow markers. I sponged the edges with cool gray ink and layered it on 2 different colors of gray and added some dew drops for interest. The card base is some of my hoarded, retired Pomegranate that I just LOVE. I cut the twill ribbon so the two words would show and fastened them to the heart-shaped clip with white heart-shaped brads. The inside has a beautiful scripted font "Happy Anniversary" that's embossed with silver EP.
It's raining here in PA and that's going to ruin the Easter egg hunts for a lot of little ones around here, but I'm sure they'll still manage to have fun in spite of the weather!
Have a wonderful weekend and Happy Easter everyone!

Carol

2 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful image Carol...I can see why it is a favorite.
    I am linking up you and Heidi today on my blog! Posting some treats Miss H sent my way LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Please don't be concerned when word verification appears. You don't need to type in the numbers. Just type your comment, then hit "publish" and you'll bypass the word verification.
Thanks for taking time to leave comments, they're always appreciated :)