Sunday, February 17, 2019

Floral Birthday



I dug through my snippets to create this birthday card requested by a friend for her sister. I love how it turned out with the spring-like colors and flowers. I bought a pack of those beautiful papers at Tuesday Morning quite a while ago, and it's one of my favorites, so I have plenty of snippets left.  I pulled out a long-retired embossing folder by Cuttlebug which came in a set called "with love" and made the panel of flowers. I enhanced the blooms with snippets of matching colors done with a Poppystamps stitched Holly Leaves & Berries die set. The vertical border was done with a retired SU! lacy scalloped punch and the stitched tag was stamped with a SNSS sentiment. The final touch was a tiny bow made with SU! daffodil delight ribbon.

I'm going to enter this into the Snippets Playground #346 which requires simply that you use snippets for your project.

Also entering into the Seize the Birthday challenge #159 - anything goes

Thanks for spending a bit of your day with me, I wish you a great week ahead!

Carol

15 comments:

Wendy said...

This is gorgeous, Carol! That paper is so pretty, I can see why it's a favorite! Love the embossed flowers with the pretty centers! I was actually thinking of using this embossing folder today for a birthday card! GMTA! Great job as I know your friend is going to love this for her sister! TFS! Happy Sunday! :)

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

WOW!!! Such sweet, amazing and impressive design! I'm very inspired by this card, and I don't want forget it, so I pinned immediately! :D
https://www.pinterest.it/pin/534802524500810353/
LOVE the simple way you created it, sometime a little piece of beautiful patterned paper and an EF make a wonderful match! The scallop border adds a lot of sweetness and love the coordinate centres of the flowers! Well done!!
Hugs!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! I LOVE your use of the paper, it's a Beautiful card,a beautiful combination of details.
Faith
x

Stampsnob. said...

As soon as this opened I said AWWH this is pretty……...Lis

Di said...

Really fabulous card Carol - I love the paper, so pretty. Brilliant how you teamed the colours to pull it all together as well. And I have a feeling I have that EF as well, part of a set I think - unless I gave it away at some point. Hmm, need to go hunting for it once am mobile again.


Hugs

Di
xx

Liz said...

A really pretty card, Carol. I love the embossed panel, I thought at first you had die cut the flowers in white and laid them over a plain panel of white card. xx

Verna Angerhofer said...

This is so gorgeous and I want to thank you for the reminder of how gorgeous that little embossed flower is. I just adore this card with all the spring colors and design.

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

That paper is so pretty! And I love the little coordinating flower centers. Very pretty card!

aussie aNNie said...

So beautiful Carol, funny I have this little set of EF, maybe because they are long skinny ones I have not used mine often, but wow, this is beautiful, lovely background papers too...

Marlene said...

Everything blends so well. Love the dainty flowers.

cotnob said...

A fabulous card Carol, beautiful papers.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

I think we will be using that pretty paper forever! I may just case this card, as I do not think I have ever used my EF like this....and the centers look perfect.

*Vicki* said...

Oh my goodness Carol, this is absolutely GORGEOUS!! I love the embossed flowers with the coordinating colors of your papers...really makes it come together beautifully!! :) I think I'm inspired to pull out my snippets!! HUGS

Claire said...

I love the dark background with the big bold flowers, especially how you've picked out the colours to add embellishments to the embossed flowers x

Lindsey said...

Love this! Those long daisies are so pretty with the patterned paper. Thanks for linking up with us at Seize the Birthday!