Sunday, January 20, 2019

Valentine Treasure



 I made this valentine for my friend's grandson who is about to turn two. I used an image from a SU! retired set called "Hey Valentine" and colored it with Copics, glaze pens, and gold and silver paint pens for some sparkle. The background papers are snippets of SU! dsp in Bermuda Blue colors and I added a silver heart-shaped doily that I've had for years. The horizontal border was done with a Martha Stewart punch, adding red hearts to replace the white ones. The bottom border was done with a MFT notched border die, and I added a line of silver stickers that reminded me of a rope or chain. Lastly I found a punched heart with polka dots in my stash that seemed like a perfect fit at the top to balance all the colors.

I'm adding this to Pixie's Snippets Playground Challenge #344 which is simply to use snippets to create your project.

Thanks for stopping by and make it a great day!

Carol

21 comments:

Brenda in IN said...

Waht little boy wouldn't like this card! Pirates are so cool for boys and this is a keeper. Love the little parrot and all that treasure. Good weekend to craft for all of us.

Wendy said...

This is such a fun Valentine card, Carol! I loved this set when it was available but never got it. It is the perfect set for a child's card! Love your colors and the silver sticker that you added at the bottom to look like rope! Happy to see you using those silver heart doilies, too! Love, love, love!!!! TFS

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Adorable card!! Love so much the dp combo and the way the fun image pop on the silver heart doily! The touches of red are a perfect match!!
Hugs!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

So cute for a little fellow! I could not survive Valentines without my paper doilies. Nice job!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Such a darling card for the little person, he'll love it I'm sure.
Faith
x

JD/ Jill said...

Adorable, Carol!

crafty-stamper said...

Great little valentine card love the cute pirate
Carol x

Liz said...

Such a cute card, Carol, perfect for your friend's grandson. xx

Vicki Burdick said...

super cute card for a little boy, I love that pirate!

Stampsnob. said...

Super cute Carol...…….Lis

Verna Angerhofer said...

So very cute and perfect for little guys! Great design and coloring too.

Brenda said...

Adorable card Carol! I love the colors and the image, perfect for a grandson for sure and I'm sure your friend's grandson is going to adore it too! Hugs, Brenda

Janice M said...

Oh my is this ever adorable!! Love all the extra little touches you added it goes together nicely with the heart doily background.

Darnell said...

This is a darling snippets Valentine for a little boy, Carol! And good for you using that old doily at last; it's perfect for this card!! Hugs, Darnell

Mrs A. said...

How cute is this. Your Grandson will be over the moon to receive this card. Hugs Mrs A.

aussie aNNie said...

arrr me hearty lass, this is a treasure for sure...love your gorgeous heart in the background..
not sure if I emailed you that your prize was posted last week....x

cotnob said...

A fabulous card Carol, such a fun image.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Lori said...

Adorable little pirate! Perfect valentine for your friend's grandson. They'll both love it!

Di said...

Brilliant card Carol - I love the pirate theme and as always you added some special detail such as the peel off chain strip! Great colouring as well.

Hugs

Di xx

*Vicki* said...

Really sweet and fun image Carol!! Love the colors with the touches of red and that lacey heart!! SO CUTE!! :) HUGS

Sarn said...

Avast me hearties! Super card Carol. Love it.

Hugs, Sarn
Stamping for Pleasure Blog