Tuesday, December 11, 2018

TMS #483 and an Announcement


Hello, and welcome to the last Tuesday Morning Sketch challenge #483 for 2018. The annual "anything goes" challenge will be next week. This week our sketch has been designed by Melissa. It's a detailed but beautiful sketch.


For my card I began with a turquoise card base, rounding the corners and adding lots of beautiful die-cut flowers sent to me by my friend Alice all the way from Italy. Aren't they gorgeous?! I added some green stems that were die-cut with an unbranded die and added a tiny butterfly from my stash. The sentiment panel was die cut with a MFT fishtail flag frame die and heat-embossed with white embossing powder using a Sweet 'n Sassy stamp. The final touch was a little twine bow.

Here's the prize you'll be playing for this week:


                                                       

Before you run off to play along, please check out my DT creations for a little inspiration first. You can find them all right here.

Thanks for stopping by and make it a great day whatever you do!

And now for the announcement -
This will be my last post as a DT member for the Tuesday Morning Sketch challenge as I've decided to step down. Life changes; priorities shift, and sometimes we just have to roll with the flow. I'm not giving up blogging or making cards just yet, so I will still be around and probably still play along with this challenge now and then. Special thanks to Melissa and Debbie for giving me this opportunity - it's been a fun time.
Have a great holiday season everyone, and I'll see you in 2019!

Carol

21 comments:

Wendy said...

Such a beautiful card to go out with, Carol! Yes, those flowers are gorgeous and I love the colors! This card is perfect to lift someone's spirits on a gloomy day! Love everything about it! :)

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Carol, pretty flowers and lovely sentiment - a great take on the sketch.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

jimlynn said...

Beautiful flowers and a beautiful card! Love the colors you used for the fun flowers too.
I know you're going to be missed on the DT but like you said, things change from time to time.
Lynn

Brenda in IN said...

This is a beautiful card, Carol. I love those "Italian" flowers and the sweet sentiment. It's sad to leave something you love doing but life has a way of changing the path. Look forward to seeing your cards in the future.

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

I look forward to seeing your cards for the sketch each week. You are great with sketches! However, I understand your wanting to step down from the team. Maybe you will have more fun with your cardmaking when you are in charge of picking and choosing what you make. I do hope you will continue to be creative! Love this card, very pretty!

Mrs A. said...

I love your interpretation of the sketch. Those die cut flowers look fab. Hugs Mrs A.

Verna Angerhofer said...

Your card is so beautiful with those wonderful flowers and the sketch design.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

:) I'm so glad you put to a very good use those sweet flowers, creating a lovely bunch just perfect to make someone smile!! The little bow on the greens is a cute detail, as well the tiny butterfly! Perfect sentiment to compliment the bunch of flowers, and great take of the sketch!
I think that sometimes life asks us to change our habits and do some else... Hope that all is going well for you and Butch, and that you will continue blogging and crafting with pleasure!
Big hugs and good vibes behind the miles

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful sketch and gorgeous card Carol...I agree with the reasons for stepping down...2019 may see a change for me too.xx

Ina G said...

Beautiful card Carol and those flowers are gorgeous. Lovely take on the sketch. Nice touch with the wee butterfly and the blue bow.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What a Beautiful and sweet card, love the colours and your dies.
Faith
x

Janice M said...

What a beautiful card Carol! LOVE those stitched flowers. I totally understand the burning out and needing a change. Right now I'm having a hard time getting to the craft room to make my Christmas cards?!! I'm running out of time!! Have a Merry Christmas!

*Vicki* said...

Wow your flowers are absolutely GORGEOUS Carol!! I love your take on the sketch along with the amazing colors you've put together! The sentiment is the icing on the design too! I'm sure you'll be very missed over there on the DT...sending best wishes and hugs!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

You will really be missed from TMS. I will miss seeing what you come up with on Tuesdays! Your card is just lovely with those cute flowers. They really made a beautiful bunch!

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card and gorgeous die-cut flowers Carol --going out with a flourish
Carol x

Debbie said...

I'm so glad you were a part of our team!! We're going to miss you much and hope to see you as often as you can play along.
I do understand that life takes precedence and will be thinking of you and praying for you in the days ahead!!
You'll be missed!!!

Lori said...

Your flowers are so pretty! Wonderful card!

Deb said...

This is so beautiful Carol, I love those pretty die cut flowers!
Debxx

Melissa Craig said...

Absolutely lovely card. It's cheery - I love the die cut flowers. They are so whimsical and intricate. They are fantastic.

You will be missed so much on the design team. You're welcome back any time.

Lori said...

I love those pretty flowers and your card turned out beautifully. Good luck in all that you do!

JD/ Jill said...

Beautiful card and great job with the sketch!