Friday, November 2, 2018

Milestone Birthday Card


One of my sister-in-laws will be celebrating a milestone birthday in a few days and this is the card I made for her. I used a SU! Healing Hugs stamp set for the flower and stems, and the sentiment is from SU!'s Beautiful Bouquet. The colors are daffodil and pear pizzazz, and the basketweave ef is also from SU! I added a black fishtail panel with some die-cut numbers done with a Quickutz and caleld this one done.

I'm entering this into the Seize the Birthday challenge which is always a birthday theme, and this week the topping is "foliage."

Also entering into the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge which is anything goes.

Entering also over at Addicted to Stamps and More #316 - a/g

Thanks for stopping by and make it a great day whatever you do!

Carol

11 comments:

Wendy said...

Oh my, this card is so pretty, Carol! Love the Healing Hugs set! This set goes so nicely with the Basket Weave EF! Love the fishtail, too! Your SIL is sure to love this beauty! TFS and Happy Friday! :)

*Vicki* said...

What a gorgeous and happy design Carol! Love that pretty floral image and how you've personalized the design with the numbered banner! I think she will just love this! Thanks for sharing! HUGS

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

Such pretty card! Love the textured background and beautiful flower. Thank you for sharing your card with ATSM!

cotnob said...

A fabulous card Carol, a pretty rose and lovely yellows.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Happy Birthday to your sister-in-laws, you made a sweet card for her celebration! That basketweave EF really makes the lovely rose pops and the black fishtail banner adds a beautiful touch!!
Hope that all is going well for you
Hugs, have a lovely day

Mrs A. said...

I like the basket weave embossing folder background for your flower. This is a new challenge to me as I make quite a few birthday cards. Hugs Mrs A.

Verna Angerhofer said...

This is beautiful and everything is awesome together.

Barbara said...

This is the right name for this stamp set, as it gives that bright and inviting look to,your card. Using the yellow is also so powerful. I love how you made it special for your SIL how is having a special birthday. This is just a Happy card. Thanks for sharing it with us and for being a friend of Seize the Birthday.
Barbara DT member

JD/ Jill said...

Lovely card, Carol! Perfect for the special occasion.

scrappymo! said...

Great card, Carol! 65 is a milestone and should be acknowledged by a very special card like yours.DH faces 65 at the end of this month and I will be 65 March 1st. We are both looking forward to it!

Janice M said...

so pretty! I just love that basket weave embossing folder you've used. I'm sure she loved it!