Tuesday, October 23, 2018

TMS #476


Hello and a very happy Tuesday to everyone. We're working on sketch #476 over at the Tuesday Morning sketch challenge, and here's the sketch.


With Halloween right around the corner, I opted to make another Halloween card. I used some SU! retired Halloween dsp from last year with a night sky, and added an embossed spiderweb panel on the right in lime green. The purple panel was cut with a Gina Marie Designs stitched oval, and I die-cut a MB creepy spider in the center, then cut another creepy spider from dsp and placed it inside the purple oval. I added 2 googly eyes after it was finished. The orange border was done with an EK punch, and a Martha Stewart goo punch, and I stamped the sentiment there. I lined the back of the jack-o-lanterns with a strip of black cardstock to show their faces. The little ghosts were die cut with Impression Obsession dies and embossed with Lawn Fawn glow-in-the-dark embossing powder.

So what will you make with this sketch? For some inspiration, be sure to check out the Tuesday Morning Sketch blog for some inspiration by my DT members.

This week there is a surprise package from Pink and Main that you're going to love, so you'll want to play along for sure!

Thanks for stopping by and have yourself a fabulous day!

Carol

13 comments:

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Great attention to all the little details, Carol. Love that big spider and that spooky border you created!

Wendy said...

Oh my! I am loving this Halloween card, Carol! So many different elements to look at! You did a great job with this week's sketch! I love how you created the 2 different punched border With the ghosts, spider and the cool embossed spider web! Well done, my friend! Spooky cool! :)

Verna Angerhofer said...

Wonderful Halloween card and a great take on the sketch. You added so many details. I wish I could come up with such awesome looks like you do.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Wow, such striking Halloween card!!! And there is a big creativity on your interpretation of the sketch!!A lot of details, too! Love the double border and that inlay spider with his fun (and a bit spooky...)google eyes :D The glowing ghosts and the houses are special details that give so much depth to your card! Love that cobweb on the embossed panel, too! Great work!!!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW! Carol this is fabulous.
Faith
x

Claire said...

I love this, there's so much to see with lots of attention to detail like the inlaid spider and the card you put behind the pumpkins to make their faces pop. I'd love to see those ghosts glowing in the dark, bet it looks spooky :) x

aussie aNNie said...

Love the sketch and fabulous colours here.xx
[won't be around for a couple of weeks]

cotnob said...

A super card Carol, great Halloween colours.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

*Vicki* said...

I can't tell you how much I love EVERYTHING about this card Carol! You've done such a masterful job with the sketch! It's so fun with the ghosts, strip of pumpkin goo and that haunted house background is perfect!! Really love this one my friend! HUGS

Debbie said...

Haha! I love the googly eyes on your spider!!

CdeBaca Crafts Gallery said...

This is a great Halloween card! Super cute and love the way the letters are in 'happy halloween' Excellent work!

JD/ Jill said...

Fabulous Halloween cards! Great job with the sketch!

Melissa Craig said...

What an adorable Halloween card! I love all the colors and the texture.