Saturday, September 15, 2018

Bokeh Sympathy Card



Sorry my posts have been lacking lately, but Mrs. Sunshine took an extended vacation and it's been too dismal and dark to take pictures. Today she's made a comeback to our area, so I will have several cards to share, with a 2nd post coming later today. I'm trying not to complain about the dreary weather we've had for a couple weeks, because it's been nothing compared to the devastation those in the south are experiencing with hurricane Florence. I hope and pray there is shelter for those who have lost everything in the path of this devastating storm. I cannot imagine what they are experiencing.

Onto the card...I made this Bokeh background with Tumbled Glass Distress ink and white craft ink, dabbing circles of white on the blue sponged background. I thought the soft look was perfect for a sympathy card, so I used the MFTWSC402 sketch to create this card. 


I added a die-cut Memory Box prim poppy, cropping off the bottom, and added a sentiment I recently bought at my local craft store. (it has no name) I adhered it to a snippet of white that I inked with Tumbled glass ink several times to get a darker shade of blue. To fill in the rectangle shape of the sketch, I added some glitter Nuvo drops.


Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend. I'll be back soon.

Carol





11 comments:

*Vicki* said...

What a very pretty and elegant design Carol! Love the bokeh background along with the take on the sketch! Glad you were able to catch some rays of sunshine! Enjoy your weekend! HUGS

jimlynn said...

It's beautiful and perfect for that sketch challenge! Love the background and I really believe that's my very favorite die. LOVE your card Carol!
Glad y'all are having some sunshine.
Lynn

cotnob said...

A lovely card Carol, so pretty and delicate - perfect for a sad occasion.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Liz said...

Lovely design and such a beautiful sentiment. xx

Brenda said...

What a beautiful card Carol! I do so love your Bokeh background. I've not tried this yet, but so want to. It does give this sympathy card is very soft look. Love the MB die and love the way you let the bloom hang over on the sentiment. And that sentiment, what a perfect one! Yes, this is a very calming and serene card Carol. I know Carol, I can't imagine either. I am praying for those who lost everything as well as for the one's who lost loved ones. Just so heartbreaking. Hugs, Brenda

aussie aNNie said...

Have this gorgeous die and until you see someone else use it one tends to forget how beautiful it is...lovely card.

JD/ Jill said...

Beautiful card, and I really like your background.
I tried that technique...but mine was a total failure.

Doreen said...

Love the background, a beautiful card.xxx

Wendy said...

Oh this is a beauty, Carol! I have never done the Bokeh technique and it is such a fun and easy thing to create! Love this as your back drop to a beautiful sympathy card with that gorgeous flower diecut. Great sentiment, too! I know what you mean with the people down south suffering from hurricane Florence. Such a shame and I pray there is help for them. So devastating!

Debbie said...

Beautiful sympathy card!!

Seemaa said...

Wow, Love the CAS card.
Thankyou for joining us at Happy Little Stampers AG with Dies Challenge this month, we look forward to see more from you in the future too. All the best.
Seemaa DT
(https://icraftpaper.blogspot.com)