Tuesday, August 14, 2018

TMS #466


 Hello and welcome to another Tuesday Morning Sketch challenge. This week we're working on sketch #466 and it was designed by our own Melissa.


I used a retired SU! set called "A Happy Thing" and paper pieced the lemon and leaves with yellow and green dsp. Click the photo to enlarge and see those details. I used a small Cheery Lynn flourish die that was cut from mint green and added a couple butterflies done with a SU! retired Sizzlet die. I used Daffodil Delight and Pear Pizzazz cardstock and paper for this, adding a few gemstones on the butterflies along with some clear Nuvo glitter drops randomly placed. A Taylored Expressions sentiment, corner rounder, and a twine bow finished this card.

The prize this week is a bag Melissa's put together for you that's filled with flowers of all sizes and she says you're really going to be happy with it :)

Be sure to check on my DT member's blogs for some extra inspiration - you'll be glad you did! Click HERE to see their cards.

Thanks for stopping by and have a fantastic Tuesday!

Carol

14 comments:

Wendy said...

What a beauty, Carol! Love this lemon image and how you paper pieced the lemon! I also love that flourish die! Together it makes for a very sweet card! Love your take on this week's sketch! Hope I can find some time to play along this week. TFS and hope your staying cool & dry! :)

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Oh, how cute lemon matched with this flourish and the tiny butterflies! The dotted paper makes the perfect background for them and the clear drops are a lovely detail! Great take of the sketch!!

jimlynn said...

Love the paper piecing on that lemon! Great choice of paper for it too. Fabulous card and love the sketch.

Jenée said...

Lookin' good! I so like that lemon image. It is so pretty! I like the way you added the leaf die cut (I have that die, too, and it is a favorite) but used the butterflies instead of flowers. The whole composition of your card is fresh and lovely. Another winner.

*Vicki* said...

Your design is so pretty Carol! I love that you've paper pieced the lemon and leaves! The colors are perfect and you've done a beautiful job with the sketch my friend! :) HUGS

cotnob said...

A sweet card Carol, lovely colours - so pretty.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Brenda said...

Yum, lemon-I do love lemon, love to eat them, love to have them in my water and love to see them on cards. Love this card Carol! Great take on the sketch. Love the flourish and the sweet little butterflies. Just a beautiful and peaceful card. Hugs, Brenda

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful pear image and I love the mix of papers and colors you used for your card design.

Janice M said...

What a refreshing card! Love the paper piecing on the lemon and the way you accented around it with the flourish.

aussie aNNie said...

Great card and fab sketch.

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

That swirl looks so pretty with the lemons! Shhh, I think the rain is gone for now! Great job with this sketch, Carol.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Such a lovely card, love the lemon and dainty dies and papers.
Faith
x

Patti said...

Wow I was enjoying what I thought was all the detail that you put into this fresh as lemonade card but I hadn't noticed the paper piecing which looks amazing but I bet it's even better in person! Glad you pointed that out - great job!

Melissa Craig said...

This is a lovely card. That lemon is pretty and lemons are a happy color.