Sunday, July 15, 2018

Recycling a Mailing Envelope



Am I the only one who saves those fancy colorful metallic mailing envelopes for card making? Well I do, because they're SO pretty and the bright colors are eye catching to me! This card makes use of one in a brilliant magenta color. I popped the air out of the bubbles on the back and die-cut it with a MTF notched border die (twice) and lined them up in the center of this card. I covered the seam with a piece of silver metallic washi tape from SU! and stamped the sentiment from a MFT Polar Bear Pals stamp set in a soft gray color. The feather was a die-cut I found in my doodad box - sorry I have no idea who makes it, but I thought it looked like a good match to the colors on this card, so I added it. I dabbed a few magenta stickle drops to the card for the final touch.
I wish I could have gotten a better photo, but that metallic panel sent my camera into fits! This was the best of 8 attempts :) It's really pretty IRL.

I'm sharing this with the MFTWSC393


I hope you're having a fabulous weekend and thanks so much for stopping by!

Carol

14 comments:

JD/ Jill said...

No, Carol, You are NOT the only who saves those envelopes...smile.
I save lots of stuff that I think might work on cards...(Maybe that's my craft room is overflowing...LOL

You did a great job with this sketch and this lovely card!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Oh, in Italy these fancy mailing envelope didn't arrive, such a shame! :( LOL :D
You have recycled so well that item, and the metallic washi tape matches perfectly with it! A very creative CAS, and love the details of that textured feather with the splashes of glitter!
Hugs!

Swissie said...

What great idea, Carol! Thank you!
I have saved many of those fancy envelopes, and now I know what I can do with them.
Hugs, Liv in Switzerland (Swissie)

MiamiKel said...

Very creative, Carol! Love the pop of pink!

Verna Angerhofer said...

This is a beautiful use of the bubble envelopes. I agree they are too beautiful to toss.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

LOVE the pink metallic, a lovely card Carol.
Faith
x

cotnob said...

A pretty card Carol, a great take on the sketch and no, you most certainly are not the only one that saves colourful metallic envelopes or anything else that might come in useful - the only difference is you actually use yours, mine just sit in my craft room waiting to be used!
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Claire said...

How fantastic and a great upcycling idea Carol and wow that's definitely a pop of pink, its lush. We don't have anything that pretty in the UK just bubble wrap and ugly polystyrene - boo hoo x

Mrs A. said...

Well I appear to be the only one that doesn't get these in the post . If I did I would be hoarding them jealously!! Lol. Great idea for the way you have used on your card. Feather has remained me I picked one up on a visit yo dome gardens and it is still in my bag. Must go and find it. Hugs Mrs A.

Brenda said...

Hummm, I never get any envelopes that have pretty, colorful metallic parts to them. Makes me sad now that I see your card Carol. What a fun and pretty card! I love the bright pink die cut-like to know where your envies come from, lol, it looks so pretty with the star washi down the middle and the feather is perfect accent. Cute sentiment too! Hugs, Brenda

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

If I ever got such an awesome envelope, I would save it! This is loads of foiled fun, I really like the Washi tape too!

aussie aNNie said...

Have never seen the fancy colourful metallic mailing envelopes here, but I know I would be saving them too...just look at your result, so fabulous.xx

Wendy said...

Really pretty, Carol! Where do you get these beautiful metallic envelopes? It dresses up your card and makes it sparkly! I love anything that shimmers & shines! The added feather diecut is the perfect accent to go with all that sparkle! Love this! :)

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

I wish I was getting goodies in envies that look like that. So bright and happy! I would save them, also. Going to be a hot couple days so there may be lots of card making in them. Great make on this very CAS card!