Saturday, July 14, 2018

Pink & Gray Birthday


 A friend of mine recently asked me to make a card for her that had a cat and dog on it, so this is what I came up with. I used a Prisma textured gray cardstock base, along with some SU! powder pink cardstock which was embossed with a CB birthday ef. I added a die-cut border with a SNSS retired ribbon die, and wove some pink & black gingham ribbon through the ovals. The dog was an IO die, while I'm not sure of the cat's manufacturer as a friend die-cut several and shared them with me. The sentiment was die-cut with Gina Marie Designs dies, and the final touch was some black Nuvo drops added just for fun.

I'm sharing this with the 2 Crafty Critter Crazies 16th challenge -   add a critter to your card.

Also sharing with Cute Card Thursday #538 - ribbons and bows

Thanks for spending a few moments of your day with me, and I wish you a wonderful weekend!

Carol

12 comments:

cotnob said...

A fabulous Birthday card Carol, a lovely embossed background.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Verna Angerhofer said...

What a wonderful way to grant the request by making this gorgeous birthday card. I am hoping it was appreciated by your friend too.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Your friend surely has been delighted by this card, it's a great take of her request! :) Love the cat and dog silhouettes and that diecut border with the matching gingham ribbon through the ovals! Very beautiful texture of the embossed background, too! Well done!

Deb said...

Absolutely stunning card!
Many thanks for joining in the Cute Card Thursday Challenge this week!
Debxx

JD/ Jill said...

Very nicely done, Carol...Black and white cards always look so elegant!

Brenda said...

Oh Carol, I am loving this card! The color combo is fabulous and I love the embossing but what I love the best is how you decorated on top of the embossing! I never would have thought to do that without another piece of cardstock on top of it. I love this so much! I will be CASing this one! To bad that ribbon die was discontinued as it is pretty cool. Hugs, Brenda

MaryH said...

A perfect birthday card for any dog and cat lover. I like the way you've threaded the ribbon through the pretty lacy border. That is a great oldie EF, and one I forget to use. TFS & Chill out.

aussie aNNie said...

Sweet card, love the embossing. I really need to use mine more as it always looks lovely. Gorgeous die with the ribbon through it.

Wendy said...

I love the black & pink combo with that pretty lacy border, Birthday EF and the cat & dog diecuts! You are the queen of diecuts, Carol! Fantastic card! TFS and enjoy your weekend! Hugs~

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A Super card and just what was ordered, but prettier LOL. Fab ideas on here Carol.
Faith
x

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Adorable, as always! Love that color scheme, not to mention the cute critters. Great use of the embossing folder and That ribbon woven through the border is perfection!

Teresa Arsenault said...

OMGoodness. I love that gingham ribbon with the die cut border. Thanks for joining us at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies this month. hugs & smiles, Teresa DT