Sunday, February 18, 2018

Twofer # 2 Challenge with "Hearts"




Darnell's 2nd Twofer challenge is open and running right now and here are the two cards I made using hearts.


I made a children's all occasion card as well as a St. Patrick's day card with my hearts.


I shamelessly CASED this card from Gramma's Room blog because it was adorable and I wanted to make one as soon as I saw it! I used a Lawn Fawn die to create the tiny clouds, and a Sweet'n Sassy grass border die for the bottom of the card. I hand-drew the mouth on the bug's face and used a SU! owl punch to make the eyes. The circle itself was die-cut with a MFT stitched circle.


I had several of those smaller die-cut hearts left over from the children's card in a soft green color, so I decided to make a big shamrock for St. Patrick's day. I used 2 larger heart dies in the set and cut dark green and patterned paper hearts and layered them on top of one another, adding 3 green gemstones on top of the smallest hearts that are the same ones used on the 2nd card. The medallion was a digital print with no name, and it had a smiley face in the center, so I die-cut another pastel green stitched circle and placed it in the center, and added a die-cut shamrock done with a Taylored Expressions die, and finally a tiny green gemstone to the center. The outer layer was done with an older punch and the shamrock stem was hand-cut.

Below is the card I cased for the children's Hello There card. Thanks to Alice for her keen investigation skills and comment that gave me a link to this posted card :)


Both my cards are going to the Twofer #2 challenge to use "hearts" and the children's card is going over to the Snippets Playground #320 since it was made entirely of snippets.

Thanks for stopping by and make it a great Sunday!

Carol



22 comments:

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

These cards are both wonderful! Such fun ways to use your little die cut heart. Super creative, and so great of you to make sure you credit the original artist for the idea. I don’t see much of that right now in bloggy land.

Have a great day!

Barb said...

Two great cards Carol. Both fun ways to use hearts. Barbxx

Liz said...

Two fabulous cards, Carol. What a clever way of using the hearts for the Twofer challenge! I especially love the cute little caterpillar. xx

jimlynn said...

LOL!! LOVE that little "heart" worm! PRECIOUS card!!! They're both so wonderful and creative. Gotta love that shamrock too. Fantastic cards!
Lynn

cotnob said...

Super cards Carol, I love your fun caterpillar and your shamrock is such a clever way to use heart die cuts.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Verna Angerhofer said...

Wonderful cards. I love both ways you used those hearts.

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

The is on cute "cap-a-tiller"! Love all the bright colors. Then there is that pretty shammrock. Very pretty! You did a really great job on these.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Hi Carol, your bug card is just delicious!! Such clever way to use hearts from snippet!!! It's just adorable with all the hand-drawn feet and that cute smile! :D Love it and surely any children will smile seeing it! Great choice of colors and those stitched clouds are just perfect to compliment the bug!
Very beautiful the shamrock card, too! A wonderful twofer!!
I have put the address of the pic you CASEing in Google images research and the result is: Marsha D
of this blog
http://grammasroom.blogspot.it/2018/01/multi-tasking-glitch.html
I'm sure that she will appreciate your credits ;)
Hugs, have a lovely week

Claire said...

Fabulous caterpillar, its so much fun and such a happy card - will bring pleasure to the recipient. The St. Patrick's card is spot on and nicely designed x

JD/ Jill said...

Wonderful cards and a great job with the "twofer" challenge.
and Carol, I may shamelessly use your idea with my heart dies to make a shamrock! Smile.

aussie aNNie said...

Two lovely cards and love the gorgeous trail of ant hearts, adorable.x[aNNie' blog]
 ❤️

Christine Alexander said...

adorable little centipede and great little shamrocks:)

Darnell said...

I know this was a head-scratcher for you, Carol, but in the end you rocked the Twofer heart challenge! I love your adorable caterpillar CASE of Marsha's card with the stitched dies, rainbow colors, and sweet little happy face! And your shamrock card is so sharp with the patterns and colors and pretty bling! Thank you so much for playing along, my friend!! Hugs, Darnell xxoo

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Sometimes we JUST HAVE to copy/case, when something wonderful comes along, your caterpillar is so colourful and pretty and does great justice to the original. LOVE your shamrock too.
Faith
x

Wendy said...

Both cards are SO cute, Carol! Love that you created both of them with a variety of hearts and that caterpillar is adorable!! So creative!! TFS and have a great week! :)

Kara Lynne said...

Two very fun cards for your Twofer, Carol! That little guy reminds me of the book, The Very Hungry Caterpillar. Such a fun CASE and so well done! Your shamrock card is loaded with great details such as the gems and the circle sentiment layers! Thanks for joining in on the fun with us at the Twofer Card Challenge!

Di said...

Two fabulous cards using the heart die Carol! Well done, I gave up as my mind is just blank on a heart theme - although I'd thought about the shamrock then spotted that a few folk had already done so as well. Which is dumb of me really as no two shamrock cards would be the same.

And as for the adorable snippets caterpillar - flipping brilliant! It's always nice to credit the original person whose idea you CASE'd isn't it. I try really hard to that as well, although now and then I do manage to lose where I first spotted an idea.

Hugs

Di xx

Princess Judy Palmer said...

How fun! Both these cards are clever, but that inchworm takes the cake!

Anita in France said...

Such a sweet rainbow heart caterpillar full of love, Carol ... he's adorable ... and the rich colours and layering on your shamrock are wonderful ... such a great idea with your hearts! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Twofer! Anita :)

Ina G said...

I really love seeing how different 2 cards can be using the same dies/stamps and what you have done here is amazing. Love the very traditional St Patrick's Day card but what blew me away was that fun heart card. It is soooooooooo cute and adorable and the smiley face just makes you smile. Also love the different coloured clouds. Two beauties Carol.

scrappymo! said...

Two fabulous cards.
I made two cards for that challenge and when I went to post them at just after 10 pm on the last day, I realized that there is a time difference and I had missed the challenge!

Janice M said...

I love both of these! From that adorable kids card to that awesome St. Patty's day card. Great use of heart dies for sure.