Saturday, December 2, 2017

Tree Tag


I recently watched a video by Jennifer McGuire showing us how to make 3D tags, and I couldn't wait to try making one of my own so here it is!
I used some SU! perfect pines framelits, cutting 6 of them and attaching them together according to the video. The tag is a piece of sturdy PTI kraft cardstock which was cut with a scalloped top punch by SU!, and dotted with "snow" by using a stick stamp by Judith and some white pigment ink from Simon Says Stamp. I dotted the tree with gold stickles instead of using gemstones and added some neutral twine by the Twinery to finish this tag. I was enthused about crafting again and plan to make several tags like this in assorted colors. I think they're really fun and will surely dress up any gifts for giving!

I'm sharing this with the following challenges:

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge - a/g



Thanks for stopping by and I wish you a great weekend! Sorry I haven't been posting as often lately - life has become hectic!

Carol

16 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

This is such a lovely tag with that 3-D tree design. I can just see how wonderful it would be hanging on a gift package.

Claire said...

What a fab tag and the tree looks brilliant. I think they'd make gorgeous place settings on a festive table, very unique x

cotnob said...

A super tag Carol, I love your 3D tree - I'll have to take a look at Jennifer's video.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Cathy said...

This tag looks fantastic Carol, TFS the link as I'm off to check it out, Cathy x

Stampsnob. said...

This is lovely Carol It looks like a ton of detail with a steady hand .....Lis

Jean said...

I love this 3D tree tag Carol, it is fun and will surely make a glamorous looking gift.
Jean x

aussie aNNie said...

Fabulous result. Jennifer has some awesome videos, easy to follow too.xx[aNNie]🎄

Wendy said...

So pretty, Carol! I love the 3D tree and the pops of gold on it! This is one great tag and will make any gift complete this holiday season! Sorry life has gotten hectic. Seems to be the time of year for it. I threw my back out so I am sidelined for a few days. I hope the pain soon subsides so I can get back to everyday tasks. TFS and have a great day, my friend! Hugs~

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

This tag is spectacular! I haven’t watch the video yet. I am sure this will dress up the plainest of gift bags.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

I receive Jennifer Mac Guire's newsletter and saw the stunning 3D tags, but I have't had time to see the process. Your first achieve is AMAZING!!! WOW! Love the fab 3D Christmas tree on the neutral color of the tag and that big frilly bow on the top!! The stickles look great for the tree ornaments! Well done!

scrappymo! said...

This looks great, Carol. I like the 6 tree folded together this way!

Have to get the insides of my overseas cards finished in the nest 24 hours so I can get them addressed and mailed on Monday. Then I have time to play again with paper...will give this tag a try!

Brenda said...

I haven't had time to watch this video, but I will get to it soon I hope. Your tag turned out fabulous! I love how it looks and how cool it will be on packages this Christmas! I can't wait to try this out myself. lol Hugs, Brenda

Janice M said...

What a gorgeous 3D tag!! I've watched some of her videos to help pass the recovery time. That's dangerous though....adds new stuff to the wish list or shopping cart!! ;-)

Thanks for the Christmas card! Can't wait to play with the die cuts.

Camille Short said...

What an awesome tag! I love y our tree - great choice of papers.

Teresa Kline said...

this is adorable, luv the 3d tree...fun tag! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

blog-paperie blooms
ig-2klines

sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

JD/ Jill said...

So pretty, Carol...thanks so much for sharing the video. I love to watch Jennifer, but I missed this one. (and Yes, I am now going to make some of these tags!)