Friday, August 4, 2017

Glittered Butterfly


I'm still having fun playing with my distress oxide inks and the MB Vivienne and Darla butterfly dies. I die cut the butterfly with pink, black, and white cardstock, layering one on the other, and then filled in the spaces with Nuvo glitter drops in shades of aqua, pink, and clear. I randomly added more drops on the background and then cut it with a LIl Inker stitched rectangle die. The sentiment was die cut from black with a GMD die set, and all was attached to a pink card base. This card is going to the 14-yr old daughter of a long-time friend of mine. I think she'll be happy with all the girly colors and sparkle.

I'm sharing this with the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge which is to "splatter it." I love splattering with these oxide inks, because no two backgrounds ever look alike!

Take care and have an awesome Friday!

Carol

16 comments:

Wendy said...

Absolutely gorgeous in these colors, Carol! Love the watercolored background and that beautiful butterfly! So colorful, too! TFS and stay cool today! Hugs~

Barb said...

It's beautiful Carol and I love the colours. Barbxx

Liz said...

Love the colours and the sparkle, Carol. Beautiful card. xx

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Carol, lovely girly colours - so pretty.
Have a lovely weekend.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Your background is just amazing and love seeing your inlay butterflies! This one is fabulous with these sweet colors! Surely that friend of your daughter will be so happy to receive your card!
hugs

*Vicki* said...

Oh wow your oxide colors are so soft and pretty on this Carol!! Love how you've popped up the butterfly and your black sentiment really pops nicely against your background too! Glad you are having some crafty fun my friend! HUGS :)

aussie aNNie said...

ahh delightful lovely colours here.xHave a lovely weekend.♥
[aNNie]

jimlynn said...

Oh wow! I love the oxide colors you used for this background! Gorgeous card Carol!
Lynn

wannabcre8tive said...

Wow, what a beautiful background! I love it and the colors. I also like the butterfly. Your friend's daughter will love it.

Brenda said...

Beautiful Carol, just beautiful! Hugs, Brenda

Stampsnob. said...

Such beautiful soft colors Lovely job..Lis

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

I am so happy you are having fun with the Oxides! You're mosaic butterfly is a masterpiece!

CdeBaca Crafts Gallery said...

Excellent card!!

Janice M said...

Ok now I really like this color combo for the butterfly! So soft and pretty. I need to get a few more of those oxide inks and play!

Teresa Kline said...

hello! sweet card, luv the adorable butterfly! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

blog-paperie blooms
ig-2klines

sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

GORGEOUS, love the background the frame die and the butterfly.
Faith
x