Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Blue Christmas


While going through my stash, I decided to use some older retired SU! dsp and make some Christmas cards. I pulled out some Island Indigo and Pool party cardstock to match this dsp, along with some long overlooked stickers. The scalloped panel was die cut with a SNSS border die, and the snowflake was cut from white with a Lawn Fawn stitched snowflake die. The silver border is a sticker and the center of the snowflake is a sticker, and the sentiment is also a silver peel off sticker I found at my LSS. This is the Island Indigo version.....


and this is the pool party version.



I liked this card so much I made a set of 4.

I'm sharing with the following challenges:


Craftyhazelnut's August CHNC 348 - Christmas anything goes



Thanks for stopping by and make it a great week ahead!

Carol

12 comments:

Janice M said...

These are so pretty Carol! Love the color combo and the silver stickers really makes them pop. I can see why you made a set of them!

Liz said...

Super cards, Carol, gorgeous colours and I love the modern design. xx

cotnob said...

A super set of Christmas cards Carol, a fabulous design - it looks lovely in both colour ways.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Jean said...

I really like your design for these lovely cards Carol, with the striped and scalloped borders and that super snowflake.
Jean x

Barb said...

A lovely collection of cards Carol. Great batch making. Barbxx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Fabulous design for your cards, love the effect of scalloped border with the snowflake! lovely colours on both the versions!

Liz said...

Just popped back after reading your comment on my blog. I see now why you thought it strange to have a black cat on my Good Luck card. I found this on Google:

"Superstitions centering around the black cat are some of the most well-known and popular superstitions today. It is interesting, though, because the good or bad luck they possess is dependent on where you live in the world. In Britain and Japan, having a black cat cross your path, is considered good luck, whereas if you live in the USA or several European countries, it is bad luck to have a black cat walk by."

I never knew that! xx

Wendy said...

Such pretty cards Carol!! Gotta love the colors and that fabulous paper! Love those diecuts too! TFS and have yourself a wonderful day! :)

Virginia L. said...

What a great idea to make 4 of these cards! You are right, the design is awesome! I love the layering and use of images! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Anything Goes” Challenge! Beautiful colors and design. Well done!

aussie aNNie said...

Lovely Christmas cards especially for posting.xx [aNNie]

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

These are really pretty. I love the blues together with the silver shiny accents. The layout is perfect and I am glad you found a design that works for making multiples for Christmas. Thanks for sharing with us at CraftyHazelnut's Patterned Paper challenge!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Gosh, what Super cards, love the colours and the simplicity of them, so VERY effective.
Faith
x