Friday, July 7, 2017

A Birthday Rose


 As you can see, I'm still playing with the bright red foiled mailing envelope my GinaMarieDesigns order was delivered in. I've posted 3 cards already using the recycled the mailer envelope, and here is the fourth. The rose and the sentiment word dies are both by GinaMarieDesigns, while the leaves were done with a Hero Arts stamp on green vellum with Versamark and then embossed with white ep. I fussy-cut them and popped them up on dimensionals after curling them around a pencil. I used a CB swiss dots ef for the background and added a pastel green card stock base. The photo didn't pick it up very well, but there are lots of clear Wink of Stella on the white rose portions.

I'm sharing this card with Seize the Birthday's Red, White, and "You" challenge - and the "you" means any other color you wish. For this card, it's  green.

Thanks for stopping by and make it a great Friday!



Carol

11 comments:

Wendy said...

Oh so pretty, Carol! Just love all the things you've been creating with your packaging! Your really getting your moneys worth there! Love that beautiful rose and the embossed background! A lovely birthday card!! TFS and Happy Friday, my friend!!! :)

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A Stunning card, love the rose die, a lovely shape, a very elegant card.
Faith
x

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Carol, such a pretty rose and elegant design.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

aussie aNNie said...

Keep playing with this Carol and I love seeing it, the beauty is there.xHave a lovely weekend.♥
[aNNie]

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

That is real frugality getting 4 cards out of that envelope! It makes me want to order some of that mirror cardstock so I can have this kind of fun too. Very pretty card.

Liz said...

Super design, Carol, such an elegant card. xx

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

You have given that envelope quite the work out. This is another gorgeous card. I just love how that tiny bit of green for the leaves, make the whole card pop!

JoAnn said...

Love that pretty rose and all the texture on your card. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday.

Patti said...

How fun! and clever of you to recycle your mailing envie!! Brilliant idea and such a pretty accent on your card!

Thanks a bunch for joining us at Seize The Birthday!

Patti

*Vicki* said...

This rose is so beautiful and I'm glad that you are playing with it!! I have loved all of these creations!! Thanks for sharing! HUGS

CdeBaca Crafts Gallery said...

Such a beautiful card! Simple but beautiful