Thursday, May 4, 2017

Twist & Pop Mother's Day Card


I decided to take the plunge and try making a Twist 'n Pop card, so I made one for Mother's day. (google twist n pop tutorial) I practiced first with scraps, but then I used some American Crafts double sided dsp, along with some black, daffodil, old olive, pool party and bermuda blue cardstock. It was tricky, but I got the hang of it pretty quickly. On the front cover, I turned back the lower corner and attached it with a mini button brad, then stamped a SNSS sentiment. When you open the card, you have this huge accordion panel area to embellish, so I just added lots of die cuts, sequins, glitter and anything fancy I could find.


You would think this card is too bulky to mail, but that accordion section inside folds flat when the card is closed and the card fits perfectly into an envelope - even with all those embellishments! 
I had fun making something new and will probably make several more of these one day soon. 

I'm sharing it with the Little Red Wagon challenge #392 which is "time to celebrate"

Thanks for stopping by and soon I'll be heading to the happiest place on earth - the dentist :( Have a great day!


Carol 

Stamps - TE (tag "hugs), mother's day sentiment white embossed on black - Inkadinkado, SNSS "Your Friendship"
Inks - Versamark Onyx Black, Versafine
Dies - "mom" done with my Quikutz, Daffodils- Joanna Sheen, "Best" medallion SSS, MFT stitched tiny tags, MB Precious Hearts, Corners - done with my Quikutz
Misc - SU! scalloped border punch for lower border, flowers done with Carl CP-2 punch, and Punch a Bunch mini, Sequins from my stash, SU! daffodil ribbon, Nuvo Glitter Drops (aqua), Copics and glitter pens for coloring the daffodils, aqua and white twine (tag), white embossing powder

14 comments:

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Great new idea in card design. Love all of the little panels and elements that make this up!

jimlynn said...

Outstanding!!! Seems like it'd take so much time and patience to do that and yet it all came together beautifully!
Lynn

JD/ Jill said...

This is really pretty and well done. I actually have one cut out and ready to decorate as a birthday card for my granddaughter. I don't get things finished as quickly as you do...smile. so I may not be posting it for another week.
Thanks for the inspiration.

Wendy said...

Oh, how I love this card, Carol! The dsp drew in my attention and as I kept reading I saw that this was a special type of card!! The inside is gorgeous! I have never made one of these but have seen them around. I may have to give this a try...thanks for the tutorial link! Anyways, I think this is the prettiest Mother's Day card I have ever seen! Love it & great job! TFS and well, I hope the dentist won't be too bad today!

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Carol, lovely papers and fabulous design.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Oh, amazing!! Your Twist 'n Pop card looks magnificent! So beautiful outside and inside! Love all the embellishments and the sentiments! Great work!

Sarn said...

Fantastic card Carol. Love the design on the front, and the embellished accordion​ section is superb. The card is a showstopper xxx

Unknown said...

This is quite the snazzy card and i love the papers along with all the lovely embellishments. We are getting tons of rain today which you probably already got so I hope you get some sunshine today or over the weekend.

aussie aNNie said...

One of my fav card cuts, love this one for your mum it's stunning.xxhave a lovely weekend.xx
[aNNie]

M said...

What an awesome card!!! :) Thanks for joining the girlfriends this week at Little Red Wagon! :)

Janice M said...

Now this is an interesting fold that I KNOW I don't have the patience for!! Great job though you rocked it!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A SUPER card, LOVE the papers, the corner fold and all the details inside, that design has been on my list to do, I hope to do it one day!
Faith
x

Stampsnob. said...

Beautiful and surprise when opened ............Lis

scrappymo! said...

This is so lovely, Carol. It would make a wonderful snippets card as one could have great fun looking through their snippets drawer, looking for the perfect pieces to cut all sorts of embellishments for a card like this!