Saturday, April 8, 2017

Bee Mine Shaker Card


Today I'm sharing my first shaker card. I pulled out a long-neglected Lotus die from SB and created a big "sun" with it, swapping dsp snippets for the original orange ones. Next I added a piece of dsp in my stash that reminded me of sunshine rays. I used the Lawn Fawn "Bee Mine" stamp set to create the bees and flowers, and colored them with Copics and gel pens, adding some sparkle to the flower centers with gold stickles. The sentiment is an old wooden stamp with no name, and I added a tiny yellow brad in the center of the sun. I used some Lawn Fawn sequins in the shaker along with others from my stash along with a few tiny golden gemstones too. You'll need sunglasses for this bright card but after the rain we've had all week, I'm ready for that brilliant sun to shine!

I'm sharing this over at the Lawn Fawnatics Challenge #2 to make an interactive card.

 Thanks so much for spending a few minutes of your day with me. I hope your weekend is fabulous!

Carol

12 comments:

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Great shaker! I love how you used that Valentine set in a whole new way! Bring on the sun!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

WOW!!! This is the first shaker you made? Hat off!!!:) It's just amazing!!
Pinned! https://it.pinterest.com/pin/534802524488707940/
Such great attention you had to the details!! The papers you choosen are fabulous and the Lotus diecut is just perfect for the flower!! Love so much the little cute bees and the tiny candi on the sentiment!! Really a great design!!!

cotnob said...

A lovely bright and cheerful card Carol, a super design.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Jean said...

A fabulous card for your first shaker, gorgeous sunny colours and papers. I love the smiley bees.
Jean x

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

I think this card is just fabulous! Those little bees make me smile, as does the shaker! You did a fantastic job!

Janice M said...

What a fun card Carol! That paper is perfect, I agree it looks like the sun rays. Been AGES since I made a shaker card. Hope your enjoying our beautiful weather this weekend!

aussie aNNie said...

wow, this is fantastic. You come up with so many ideas and your gorgeous shaker is a really nice one..love the die.x ♥[aNNie]

Brenda said...

Wow! I love this shaker card Carol!!! The die you used works great as a sun as does that paper for the rays. Your bee's are too cute. I hope you had fun making this shaker card and I hope you make for in the future Carol! Hugs, Brenda

Nancy K said...

Love this happy, sun-shiney card! Clever shaker design! So glad you joined us at Lawn Fawnatics!

Wendy said...

How pretty, Carol! Wow, I love the bright colors on your shaker card and that flower! Wowzers! Oh and that sentiment is just darling! Love it! TFS! :)

Barb said...

What a fantastic shaker card. I like how you've inlaid the papers too. Barbxx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW! what a wonderful sunshiney card, love the bees around the sunflower, just wonderful.
Faith
x