Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Sunshine from a Brass Stencil


Do any of you still have those brass stencils you bought years ago? I kept mine, and decided at some point to try something new with them. I embossed this sun image and fussy cut it, then colored it with Copics and stuck it in my doo-dad box - unsure of what to do with it. When I saw the Tuesday Morning Sketch challenge #396, I went in search of something round and found this bright sun and decided it would work for this week's challenge. I layered it on a GMD die-cut stitched square panel of golden yellow, then matted with a panel of black. The flag banners were snippets of dsp, as well as the horizontal panel in gingham. The little red mini starbursts were cut with a SSS Bella Bloom die set and dotted with orange stickles for a little sparkle. The sentiment is from SNSS. This was all done on a very vanilla card base, but as usual - it shows up as white.


I really like this sketch and hope to create a few more cards with it. 

Thanks for stopping by and may your day be filled with brilliant sunshine!

Carol

16 comments:

Wendy said...

White or Vanilla, it doesn't matter, this card is stunning!! Love the stenciled sunshine face and those pretty pops of color! Your papers all go together so nicely, Carol. This card goes perfectly with the brilliant sunshine we are having today! Love it! :)

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Really beautiful sketch and love how you interpreted it with this fun sun! Your card looks so warm and bright and you made a great use of your snippets, too! The little starbusts are just perfect with the stickles!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What a happy sunshiney card, love it. I must get those stencils out IF I can find them LOL.
Faith
x

jimlynn said...

This brightens my day for sure! So cute and I love that big old sun. Fun card and a great sketch!
I have several of the brass stencils - somewhere!
Lynn

cotnob said...

A fabulous card Carol, a super sun and lovely warm colours.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

JD/ Jill said...

Lovely...great job with the sketch! And Yes, I still have lots of brass stencils and metal stencils and plastic stencils...I think I need to get those out and use them again. smile.

Brenda said...

I only every had a few of those brass stencils, but yes, I do still have them. Well now, what a great use for this embossed sun Carol! I think it works perfect for this sketch and I love how you have colored it in. Great card, great sketch. Hugs, Brenda

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Well now, aren't you the clever person! We were just talking about those brass stencils! This is super cute, Carol!

Janice M said...

Don't think I ever owned/played with a brass stencil before?! Your card is beautiful, a real ray of sunshine sure to make someone's day. So glad you joined us again this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

CdeBaca Crafts Gallery said...

Ahh cuteness! That orange color is actually really great!!

Margie Calenda said...

Love it! Great choice of colors, especially on the bold and vibrant sun. I'm giving away a brand new Stampin' Up double stamp set to help promote my blog. Not many entries and it would be great if you could pop in and enter the random drawing. Ends on Friday. thanks so much!

*Vicki* said...

Yes! I do have several of those metal stencils! I actually should get them out and have a look at them to play! :) Thanks for the inspiration! Your card is fabulous and perfect for that sketch indeed!! Love all of the warm colors you've used and the black accents really make everything pop! Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*

Stampsnob. said...

Sun shine has to make you happy This is very nice....Lis

Debbie said...

Beautiful card!! Wonderful colors!
Thanks for playing along at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!
Debbie
Debbie's Dash of This and That

Melissa Craig said...

What a cool card! Love those colors. Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Barb said...

Your card Looks fabulous Carol. I like everything about it. I have a big box of brass stencils for doing all sorts of stuff and haven't had them out for some time. I think you might have inspired me to get them out again. Barbxx