Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Violet Birthday Make


One of my SIL's will be celebrating her birthday next week, so I used this week's Tuesday Morning Sketch #391 to make her a card. I pulled out a long-neglected paper pad from Kaisercraft called Violet Crush, and used all the papers for this card. I added some GinaK wild orchid cardstock for the scalloped circle and larger flowers. The sentiment is by SNSS, and the flowers were done with 2 different SU! punches. The pink border was done with a SU! scalloped edge border punch, and it's too bad that the camera didn't pink up the silver dots in that piece of dsp because they're much prettier IRL. I added some lavender gemstones to the flower centers and randomly on the sentiment panel. This sketch is a great one to use up those random pieces of dsp that are taking up so much space!


Thanks for checking in today, it's always nice to have you :) Go have yourself a wonderful day - whatever your plans happen to be.

Carol

16 comments:

Wendy said...

Beautiful card, Carol! Just love the colors and your papers are SO pretty! Love the floral prints on each one you used! Great sketch too by the way! I also love the pops of sparkle with the rhinestones you added! One amazing card for your SIL....she will cherish it! TFS and have a wonderful day! :)

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Ever so pretty, and the perfect sketch. Love the details on the flowers.

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Really pretty papers and I like the flowers you added! I really love that sketch and hope to play along soon!

jimlynn said...

Gorgeous and love that favorite color of yours on this. SO very pretty! The tiny flowers look great and your SIL is going to love it.
Lynn

Barb said...

A beautiful card Carol and the papers are lovely. Barbxx

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Carol, pretty papers.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Wow!!! This card makes me blow up with all these purple papers and your adorable design! Great interpretation of the sketch and adorable little flowers!! I'm sure that your SIL will love this card how many as I'm doing!

Janice M said...

This is sure to bring a smile to your SIL's face! Love the flowers you made and added. The random gems are a perfect touch. At meet up at L&L sounds great to me, could use a day crafting and chatting! Just let me know. Oh and glad you could join us again this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful card Carol and the colours are just gorgeous.x{aNNie}

Debbie said...

So pretty! Great use of dies and punches!!
Thanks for playing along at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!
Debbie
Debbie's Dash of This and That

*Vicki* said...

What a gorgeous card Carol!! You've done an amazing job with the sketch! What gorgeous colors too! :) HUGS

JD/ Jill said...

Lovely card!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS, beautiful colours and papers.
Faith
x

Brenda said...

Wow! This is a stunning card Carol! I love the sketch and I am totally in love with this card. The papers you used are beautiful, especially that pink one with the silver dots, and yes, I can see the silver dots, but I can imagine it is more beautiful in person! Love the flowers and I love how you did the sentiment. Just gorgeous! Hugs, Brenda

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card. Love the colors and the papers. The layered flowers are pretty.

Patti said...

This is beautiful I love the colors Carol! Thanks so much for creating with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches this week :)