Friday, January 20, 2017

Winter Wonderland


Here's a wintry card I made to take me out of the Valentine mode for a little while! LOL I used a SU! Perfect Pines die to cut the tree and "decorated it" with another die from the set. The snowy hills were done with a Lawn Fawn stitched hillside set of dies, and the background embossing was done with a SU! Softly Fallen ef. All elements were die-cut and embossed with my Big Shot. The sentiment is from Northwoods and the gold mirror star was done with a SU! mini star punch.
There's my first card done for the 2017 stash, and although it's a Christmas card, it still fits the category of a "winter wonderland" so I'm entering this into the Cuttlebug Mania Tuesday challenge for January 2017 - which is "A Winter Wonderland."

Thanks for stopping by and I wish you a wonderful Friday!

Carol

12 comments:

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

So pretty! I like the CAS look and the snowy background and hills :). I haven't quite gotten back to doing Christmas cards, but I plan to by the end of the month.

*Vicki* said...

Yay! Good for you on getting a Christmas card done in the first month of year! :) I should be taking notes from you! LOL!! This is gorgeous and I love the texture of the snowfall background too! Happy weekend friend! HUGS

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Sorry I am so behind on my comments. This is a nice, clean holiday card, for sure!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Beautiful CAS with a great texture, this falling snow really makes the tree pops out from the hills!

Barb said...

A lovely Christmas card Carol. I love your snowy scene. Barbxx

cotnob said...

A fabulous Christmas card Carol, a super snowy background and great CAS design.
Pauline
x

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Oh look! YOu made a card of our current weather... and that's INSIDE the office (minus the Christmas tree and the cuteness). I like your peaceful snowy scene.

Donna Hanley said...

I can't even get into spring cards yet and you've started on next Christmas cards. You are good girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 LOL Beautiful scene you created with your hills, snow and tree. Love It. Have a good weekend.

Brenda said...

Love this winter wonderland you have created Carol! Now lets just hope it stays on the card and not in our streets and yards. lol Hugs, Brenda

aussie aNNie said...

Fabulous card Carol, the embossing sure looks like snow...xx{aNNie}

Stampsnob. said...

I want that folder Must put it on my wish list for Stampfest next month .Your card is lovely ......Lis

JD/ Jill said...

Pretty Christmas card!
Thank you for the nice comments on my Anniversary Card.
AND...
I saw your comment on the Christmas card of yours that I posted...
OK!!!! Dumb me, I didn't realize that the layers fanned out...
If I can I will take another pic and correct that...