Friday, December 2, 2016

Santa??


I made a few cards of this design for my Christmas stash of cards for hospitalized kids. Hopefully they'll be smiling when they see Santa stuck in the chimney! LOL
This card began with the printed circle sentiment I found in my box of unfinished doo-dads and I pinned a card on Pinterest with this clever design and had to CASE it. The boots were done with a SU! heart punch, while the "fur" was done with a retired SU! Boho Blossom punch. The chimney was a piece of rose-red cardstock, which was embossed with a TH bricked ef, then sponged with white craft ink to look like real bricks. The background was embossed with a SU! softly fallen ef, and the sentiment circle was matted with emerald envy and red layers done with SP circle and scalloped circle dies. I added a die-cut Lawn Fawn snowflake to the center with a silver sticker in the center.

I'm sharing this with the following challenges:

Perfectly Created Chaos #7 challenge - Christmas anything goes

(anything goes as long as it's Christmas)


(Christmas)

I had some issues with the computer earlier this morning, and hopefully I'll be able to make it back again soon! If not, you'll know my PC quietly died :)
Thanks for stopping by and have a great Friday and a good weekend as well!

Carol

17 comments:

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

That is so clever! I am sure the kids will smile when they open this card!

*Vicki* said...

This is super cute Carol!! What a very clever design with the punches!! They have so many ideas with the punches that it amazes me of how they think this stuff up!! LOL!! I love the textured snow in the background too!! I know a child will love this!! :) HUGS

Wendy said...

This card is so adorable, Carol! Just love how real it looks with the brick wall and the embossed snowy background! Some kids are going to love these and get a huge smile from it! God Bless you for doing this for the little ones! You have such a huge heart! I got your email this morning about your computer. I hope it's not ready to kick the bucket just yet because I know you have tons more cards to share with us and I for one would miss seeing them everyday! Hang in there and I hope you have a great day!! :)

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Fabulous punch art on your card, this fun Santa surely will smile those kids! Love the embossed background, too!

Mrs A. said...

Certainly made me smile. What a brilliant idea to use a heart shape for his boots as it has worked a treat. Love the brick effect on the chimney too. Looks most authentic. Thankyou for sharing with us at Perfectly Created Chaos. hugs ValeryAnne (DT).

Stampsnob. said...

/and down he goes very cute..............Lis

cotnob said...

Such a fun card Carol, a brilliant design.
Pauline
x

JD/ Jill said...

This is adorable!

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Let's hope your computer just had a brief illness and hasn't up and died. I love this card design. It sure put a smile on this kid's face! Too clever!

Gayatri said...

So cute! Love all the snow on the background. Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes Challenge. Gayatri xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

FABULOUS! have to say I love how you have done the "fur" great idea and great work.
Faith
x

Dori Shelton said...

Oh this is just adorable! Thank you for joining us for Perfectly Created Chaos Anything Goes Christmas Challenge. I hope you join us again soon!

Liz said...

What a fabulous card, I love the design - I think I may have to CASE this one! Such a clever idea to use a heart for the boots. xx

Brenda said...

I can not imagine that this wouldn't put a huge smile on the faces of the children Carol! I love it and it sure put a smile on my face! Hugs, Brenda

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

I am feeling a bit upside down just like this Santa. He sure did make me smile.

MaryH said...

A clever use of the punches to create the shapes, and totally adorable. Some child is going to grin so big when this one is opened! It will definitely brighten a hospital stay. TFS

Lori said...

This is such a cute card! Love the embossing! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Perfectly Created Chaos for our Christmas Anything Goes challenge! -Lori DT