Saturday, July 16, 2016

Birds of a Birthday Feather...


Today I have 2 birthday cards using the same design, but with alternating colors. I'm trying to use the SU! paper I've accumulated through the years, so both cards include some of that retired dsp. I stamped the bird image on some pool party with island indigo ink, using the SU! set Language of Friendship, then used the SU! bird punch to cut the bird and branch; piecing the branch with tan and green snippets. The scalloped top tag punch from SU! was used, along with the white-embossed SU! sentiment, as well as an orange snippet of cardstock for the center vertical panel. A snippet of orange gingham ribbon and neutral twine completed this card.


And here's a 2nd version with an orange bird and an island indigo center panel - otherwise they're the same design. *note to self - be sure to use the embossing buddy before white embossing on black the next time! I see lots of loose specks of white powder on this version!


I'm sharing these over at the Snippets Playground #238.

Thanks for stopping by and I wish you a great weekend!

Carol

16 comments:

Wendy said...

Good Morning, Carol! What pretty cards to wake up to this morning! Love the design on both as well as that pretty paper & adorable bird! Love the embossed sentiment on the black cardstock, too and I like the look of the embossing speckles on the 2nd card. Isn't that the look these days?! Great job on both birthday cards! Have a great day & enjoy the weekend! :)

Donna Hanley said...

Love the colors on both and this is a terrific birthday card. I'm pretty sure I will be casing this one this weekend as I have a birthday card to make. LOL

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

I get the speckles all the time... sometimes even when I use the EB. These are so pretty, Carol. Love that designer paper.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

These are beautiful cards and colours, love the design too.
Faith
x

MaryH said...

Good for you at using up some DP! A wonderful example I should follow. Like the way you've changed up the colors of each of these cute bird cards. Love that tag and it's a perfect place for the little bird to roost. Tying in the center panel color with the colors of the dp design, makes both just pop. 2 really pretty birthday cards. TFS & Hugs.

cotnob said...

Two brilliant cards Carol, both colour combinations are fabulous.
Pauline
x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

This is a very pretty design! Beautiful both, with the tags and the cute birdie! Love expecially the first one, more femine. Love the dp paper, too. I think that the speckles looks well on the black cardstock, they give a nice touch of softness!!!

Stampsnob. said...

Love the tag Makes a really nice card..........Lis

Barb said...

Two really pretty cards Carol. I love Stampin up papers and the little birds look lovely on their tags. Barbxx

JD/ Jill said...

Both cards are so nicely done. I like the color combos. Even when I remember to use my embossing buddy. I end up with white specks..smile. Hope you are keeping cool today!

Brenda said...

I am loving both of these cards Carol! The papers are fabulous, love your bird on the tag and I love the gingham ribbon. Great job on both of these! Hugs, Brenda

Deedee Anderson said...

These are both so pretty, Carol! I adore the color combination! I'm falling more and more in love with orange lately, and the other colors go so perfectly with it. It's been a while since I could hop around in Blogland, but now that I'm back, I'm so thankful to see that you are busily crafting away. I hope all is well with you and yours. Hugs!!!

Di said...

Love these cards Caol! Gorgeous tags and the little bird is darling!

Hugs

Di xx

Sarn said...

Fab cards Carol , love the alternate colour schemes xxx

Princess Judy Palmer said...

These are both pretty cards with happy colors. I had to smile over that bird. I just had a discussion with someone about that stamp that matches the punch. Basically, the other person denied it existed. So what you have there is a mythical stamp!

*Vicki* said...

I know that I can always find some really great inspiration over here my friend! :) I love your pretty bird on the tag and your colorful papers are just perfect with this!! Beautifully done!! HUGS