Monday, November 23, 2015

a Christmas Scene


I recently won this Tim Holtz "Holiday Joy" set of stamps and dies by playing over at the Snippets Playground, and after receiving it last week, I could hardly wait to play with it. I've loved this majestic looking deer and those tall pines for a while and I was thrilled to have won such a fabulous prize!

I started with a vanilla cardstock base, embossing it with a SU! fallen snow ef and adding some stitched hills with Lawn Fawn dies. I used snippets of kraft for the trees and reindeer and clear embossed them after stamping and before die-cutting them. I added gold ep to the antlers for a little interest, as well as embossing the red "JOY" sentiment with gold on red cardstock. I added some gold gems, and for the final touch, some diamonds stickles were added to the hills and snowflakes.

I'm sharing this one over at the Snippets Playground #204 and I hope you'll come over and find some inspiration with all the wonderful entries each week too!

Thanks for stopping by and make it a great week ahead!

Carol

15 comments:

Leslie Hanna said...

Lovely! I like the tall, skinny pine trees. Great scene!

*Vicki* said...

Such a fun, festive and gorgeous wintry scene here!! Love how you've arranged all of the elements to make them go together on this! :) Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*
My Blog: Stamp Smiles

Di said...

Oh wow Carol, you've used your prize just brilliantly! I love the little twists you've added to make this wonderful card. And am delighted to see how much you love the stamps and dies. The deer truly is so elegant isn't he? The touch of gold plus the holly really make him look so magnificent.

Hugs

Di xx

Donna Hanley said...

What a wonderful prize to win and you certainly put it to good use. This card is just as lovely as can be with this great scene you've created. Wishing you a very Happy Thanksgiving.

Jean said...

Congratulations on winning this super prize. You have made a great scenic card with it. I love the skinny pine trees and the lovely Joy sentiment.
Jean x

Stampsnob. said...

Lovelt scene so much texture........Lis

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

What great holiday goodies you had to work with, Carol! I just love the way the deer has it's chest all puffed out and proud!

cotnob said...

A fabulous card Carol, such a lovely embossed background and beautiful winter scene.
Pauline
x

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful creation and the colours and design are just fabulous..xx
{ aNNie}

Barb said...

What a lovely set to win and you've used them beautifully. It's a lovely card. Barbxx

Sarn said...

Love this winter wonderland of a card xxx

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Gorgeous! You've inspired me with this card. I guess maybe I could make another Christmas card or two (you know, to go with the one or two I already made).

MaryH said...

Splendid!!! Congrats on your win at the Playground, and they will all be so pleased to see you're sharing this as a new entry. You've used the set to maximum effect on this pretty. Love the colors over the snowy-background. Which looks great with the falling snow & the stitched snow hills. The Joy just blazes forth with the red & gold, and that majestic deer in his holly ruff is just standing so proudly! Well done, YOU! TFS & Hugs.

Dana M said...

Fabulous card Carol! This is one of my favorite sets and I use it often. I've added a bow and eyes to the reindeer but have never thought to add the holly - fantastic idea!

JD/ Jill said...

Congrats on your win. And you did a wonderful using the stamps. Pretty scene that you have created here.