Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Summer Butterflies


I have a card today that I'm sharing over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge which is "anything goes." They're featuring Penny Black products, so I used this cute little PB image that I colored with Copics. I added some Glossy Accents to the boot for a little patent-leather shine! I made a herringbone background from some red, yellow and aqua dsp strips and then embossed the whole panel with a Hero Arts/Sizzix Chevron ef. The hedgie was looking up, so I gave him 3 turquoise butterflies to watch, done with a Punch-a-Bunch. The butterfly centers are negatives from a Simon Says Stamp Pinpoint Border die. The card base and image mat are turquoise and the image panel was cut with a Lil Inker stitched rectangle die.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you're staying cool wherever you are. It's sweltering hot here in PA, so we're chilling in the air conditioning today! 

Carol

17 comments:

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Fantastic!

cotnob said...

A fabulous card Carol, such a cute image and lovely herringbone background.
Pauline
x

MaryH said...

Perfect in all ways! It looks like a very well loved old-fashioned quilt - even to the embossing which makes it look like the stitching of an old quilt when it starts to 'pull'. Of course you can't beat a sweet PB hedgie - he looks right at home on this patterned quilt. The GA on the willies certainly made them look very realistic. Outstanding. (oh yes loved the colors in your quilt!!!) TFS & Hugs

Liz said...

Gorgeous background for this adorable stamp. I love how you've embossed the background - lovely card. xx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Aww!!! Another fantastic look with this embossed puzzle of leftover strips!!! This is a genial technique, and gives a lot of interest to your card!! And you reduce your box of leftovers!!
Love the turquoise butterflies and the cute hedgehog seems really look at them! Beautiful effect with the glossy on the boot! So harmonious and summer-like card, my friend!

Hettie said...

This is just super gorgeous. Love the background - or is that the quilter in me?
That image is super cute.
Hugs
x

Brenda said...

Awww, what an adorable card Carol! First off you know how much I love your backgrounds that you make, and this one is no exception! I also love the PB image, that little hedgie is just too cute in that boot! I love that you gave him those butterflies to watch too. Just adorable and colored so cute! Hugs, Brenda

JD/ Jill said...

Adorable! Carol!

aussie aNNie said...

LOVE your background Carol, and your sweeet image.xx
{aNNie My Personal Blog}

Sandy said...

This is so cute and cheerful! I absolutely love the image you used. What an adorable card!

Stampsnob. said...

Really cute Love the trail of butterflies.........Lis

LesleyG said...

You've made another beauty! and I love your minion! I should be doing prep for play day but lingering here instead :) TFS xxx

Donna Hanley said...

Love it, Carol. The Glossy Accents really did give the boot the patent-leather look. Love your background, so vibrant and fun looking. Butterflies were the ideal embellishments. Very hot hear again today, Staying in for the rest of the day. Glad to hear you are doing the same.

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Everything about this card is wonderful, the image and the shiny boot, the butterflies and that great background.

Gayatri said...

So cute! I love the vibrant background on the card too. Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes Challenge.
Hugs!
Gayatri

Peanut said...

WOW! This is fab, Carol. Love that background.
xxx Asha

Barb said...

What a great background and that little hedgie seems to be smiling at the butterflies. Love it. Barbxx