Sunday, April 12, 2015

Masculine Birthday


I love this Rubbernecker tractor image because it makes great masculine cards, so today I made a card loosely based on the Crooked Stamper Sketch challenge #3
I started with early espresso and kraft cardstocks, stamping the tractor with Memento black ink, and coloring it with colored pencils for a rustic look. The grass was stamped with 2 stamps by Judith in wild wasabi and handsome hunter greens. The sentiment is by SNSS and the panels were die cut with my Lil Inker stitched rectangles. ( I can't seem to make a card without them lately it seems)
                                          

Have a great Sunday, and may your skies be filled with lots of sunshine too!

Carol


13 comments:

Kris B said...

This is awesome! Love the sketched look you gave the tractor! Great job!

Leslie Hanna said...

Love the pencil coloring, and that double-stamped grass. Thanks so much for playing my challenge!

Linda said...

Great theme...I just love tractors as well! The grass is particularly well done!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

This card is really very masculine! Love how you made the grass and the stiched frames! The pencil colouring is stunning!

Jean said...

Another great man card, I like the tractor image.
Jean x

jimlynn said...

Rustic and so pretty! What a great card for a guy too. I love, love that grass you stamped!!! Every time you use it I love it more - guess I need to see if I can find those somewhere.
Fantastic card Carol.
Lynn

Donna Hanley said...

Terrific Guy card or for any of us ladies that love to run a tractor. LOL Love that grass too. Have a good afternoon.

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Oh what a great tractor! I love this.

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Yeah! Love this card, it is great for a masculine birthday or just for someone who loves the farm and the great outdoors (which I do in concept, but reality has a bit more pollen than I find acceptable).

JD/ Jill said...

Great masculine card! Like your pencil coloring!

MaryH said...

Hey, Just saw your wonderful entry over at DeeDee's and zipped over to pay a visit. I'm loving this rustic tractor...your pencil coloring is just brilliant. It really looks so faded & old the way you've shaded it. Got a quick glimpse of some of the earlier cards, so will try to get back tomorrow afternoon to do some fun browse around! Hope all is well. TFS & Big hugs

scrappymo! said...

Ohhhhh...I am a farmers daughter and so I love this card! Love the image, love the rustic colouring and colours you chose!

Jessi Fogan said...

Perfectly rustic! I love the grass!