Friday, February 27, 2015

Rudolph Days - February


I had this random piece of dsp for a long time and had no clue what to do with it, since it was nothing but words. I decided to cut it into panels and use each one as a focal point, resulting in 3 different Christmas cards. For this one, I matted with dark green cardstock, and embossed the background with a Sizzix ef, adding bits of mirrored and glittered card stock done with SU! mini punches. I suspended the ornaments with twisted silver and white twine.


Here's the 2nd card, using a Tim Holtz ef, and for this one I used a Heartfelt Creations die for the red ornament, adding a SU! punched ornament to the center. I crocheted a chain with gold crochet thread to suspend this ornament and matted with another random piece of dsp.


And here's the 3rd card, using a retired SU! felt snowflake, a snowflake brad from my stash, and a Darice ef.

My designer paper issue is solved, and I have 3 Christmas cards to share with the Rudolph Days - February 2015 challenge - which is to make a Christmas card and post it before the month of February ends!

I'm also sharing these over at the Snippets Playground #165 since so many snippets were used.

Thanks for dropping in for a look and have a very happy Friday!

Carol

20 comments:

Donna Hanley said...

You found the best way to use this designer paper. I love all three cards and so will three recipients. Have a warm day.

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Great card design! I am pretty sure I have that paper too, and I am like you, I did not know how I was going to use it. Thanks for sharing your great idea!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

You are really bursting with genial ideas!!!! Another great compilation!
Love the CAS you made, fabulous use of word!!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

That is one amazing piece of paper, Carol! Wowzer, I just love all 3 cards. Wish we could find a whole pack of it on one of our adventures!

scrappymo! said...

Oh Carol...these are all beauitufl. |My fave is the last one but I love them all. The embossing folders are so pretty and that SP was well used here!!!

Thanks for takingpart in the February Rudolph Days Challenge. Good luck in the prize draw!

Benzi said...

Fabulous way to use the dsp and I like the hanging ornaments and wonderful embossing on your cards. Plus, three cards made for Christmas. You're on the ball.
Have a good weekend.

Di said...

Oh these are really clever Carol! Brilliant way to use up the DP and I love that all three are so different.

Hugs

Di xx

Jean said...

An excellent way to use that paper Carol. A lovely set of cards. I love the embossing folders you used.
Jean x

LesleyG said...

These are just adorable! I love the crochet chain...might have to 'borrow' that idea if I may?! Great set of elegant cards xxx

Doreen said...

Love your gorgeous cards.xxx

MaryH said...

Awe-SOME! Sorry to be slow getting round for Rudy Day, but you have certainly got a lot of mileage out of this pretty & unusual dp. It's perfect on each of these cards. Love the embossing effects, the delightful embellies you have added to make each card unique & special, and I am so loving that gold crocheted hanger. Clever girl! TFS & Happy wkend. Hugs

Kathleen said...

Great selection of cards using the DP and fab variety of embellishments.

Kath x

Liz said...

Beautiful cards. Great way to use the word paper and I love the embossing folders Xx

Brenda said...

OMGosh, I am so loving this paper with all those fabulous Christmas words on it! I wouldn't have know what to do with it either, but it sure makes some awesome cards! Love each on of these cards Carol-they are just beautiful with the embossing folders and the ornaments. Well done using that paper! Hugs, Brenda

aussie aNNie said...

Super card designs Carol and love the one below as well which I missed due to a busy day yesterday.xx

jimlynn said...

Fabulous way to use that paper and it's perfect for the designs you used! You have three beautiful cards for Christmas too now!
Lynn

Darnell said...

Oh, coo, I love how you went one better and made a threefer for Rudolph, Carol! These are all so stunning and elegant!! Hugs, Darnell

JD/ Jill said...

Very creative use of the Dp. All your cards are neat...for some reason I was really drawn to the 3rd one, so I guess I have to say that I like them all but the last one is my favorite!

Princess Judy Palmer said...

You got three great cards out of some really odd paper. That was a creative fix for it! I like all the ornaments but I think my favorite is the one with the snowflake.

Jessi Fogan said...

I have this paper too! And always pass it by because ummmm, what am I gonna do with it? Too clever!