Saturday, September 13, 2014

Words2ScrapBy #9


The challenge for the Words2ScrapBy #9 challenge is "To everything there is a season." It reminded me of the changing seasons happening right now, with summer slowly fading away and autumn coming in with cooler temps and all the beautiful colors of falling leaves. I used a SU! retired Trendy Trees stamp for the images, placing each one on some alternating colored tag punches. I used a piece of kraft that was embossed with an autumn leaves design, and sponged it with antique linen. I matted that with dark brown and added a panel of dsp from the BoBunny autumn paper pad, and added another strip of dsp from the pad for the lower border. The ribbons are all assorted snippets from my stash, while the sentiment is by MFP. The embossed gold flowers were done with a SU! mini punch, and I added some golden Geo Sparkler stickers to the centers.

I'll be sharing this over at the Snippets Playground #145 when the gates open again later today. I just missed the fun by a few hours this week (again!)

Thanks for stopping by and make this a great day!!

Carol

17 comments:

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Very pretty card!! I love these retired dies!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

ops...! Stamps, not dies! They are very useful!

Jean said...

This is lovely Carol, I love the embossed panel and the colourful little tags.
Jean x

jimlynn said...

The seasons really are changing a little! We were down to 65 here this morning - but suppose to be back in the 90's on Monday. The weather just doesn't know what to do with us!
LOVE your card though and that cute way to use the Trendy Tree set. Great embossing and sponging.
Lynn

Benzi said...

Your trees looks so pretty and colorful against that embossed Kraft. Super design.
It sure feels like Fall at my house this morning and a great day for football. That's where we're heading a bit...Go Bama!
I wanted to let you know I'm taking some time away from my blog. Sis is coming for a visit.

Brenda said...

This is a beautiful card Carol! I don't remember this set but had I seen this card, it would have made me want to buy it. The trees are so pretty and I really love the different ribbons you used. Hugs, Brenda

StampTramps said...

This card sure looks like it was a LOT of work! Great job, as always!

scrappymo! said...

This is lovely and truly captures the feel of those season! Yourcard design is fun. Love the tags on the embossed panel.

Great card, Carol!

aussie aNNie said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS love these little tags, the images and beautiful colour combo.xx
The Journey is the Start



Sarn said...

Very autumnal. Love this Carol. xxx

nwilliams6 said...

How adorable! I need to dig out my tag punch and make something fun with it like you did. Great stamps. Hugz

Crafty Judith said...

hi Carol and so sorry so far behind in blogland - home now and been admiring your delicious work hugs Judith x

Sybrina K said...

Hi, Carol.

This is such a pretty seasonal card! Love the palette, the textures, and all the dimension. And, that embossed and inked background is fabulous! :)

Thanks so much for playing along with our September challenge at Words 2 Scrap By! We truly appreciate your support. :)

Princess Judy Palmer said...

I love it! I think it was some of your cards that made me go to ebay and find the Trendy Trees set. I love autumn. It hasn't shown up here yet.

Annie S. said...

Beautiful layout - really spotlights those gorgeous trees! Thanks for entering the Words 2 Scrap By September Challenge!

BobbisTreasure said...

The flowers, ribbon, and embossing add great texture to your card - thanks for sharing with us at Words2ScrapBy.blogspot.com!

JD/ Jill said...

Pretty fall card. I like that theme...it's my favorite Scripture verse!