Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Deedee's September Digi of the Month


September rolled around really fast this year didn't it? It feels like summer just started a week ago and we're well on the way to Autumn! Today's card was done with Deedee's digis Fall Warm-up and this is her September digi of the month. Be sure to play along with Deedee's September challenge this month so you can get the October digi completely free! If you didn't play along last month and didn't already receive this digi set, you can score it for a reduced price as long as the challenge is active. Check the details here.

I used the pre-colored digi image of this chubby chipmunk, and repeated the cup of cider image for a horizontal border. The papers are all from Bo Bunny and I used assorted snippets of card stock in autumn colors to make the leaves and acorns with an EK border punch. I love the fonts on this great sentiment which is included in the set. 


I'm also entering this card into the Snippets Playground #140 with all those tiny snippets I used to make the leaves and acorns.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

Carol


17 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Love this image and your card and colours plus design are super gorgeous.xx
♥aNNie
The Journey is the Start

Benzi said...

Oh, how cute is this, Carol! I love the chipmunk but I think he has had a little too much of that warm cider...just look at those cheeks. Ha
I like your border of cider cups. It's a super, autumn creation.

KT Fit Kitty said...

So cute! Love this card! I really like how you used the mug to create a border and added the leaves!

Donna Hanley said...

You have surrounded this little darling chipmunk with some outstanding papers, super nice sentiment and your array of colorful leaves and nuts. I'm sorry to say it doesn't feel like fall here today - heading up to 87 degrees and high humidity. Great day to stay indoors. Wishing you a wonderful day.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Very cute card!!The leaves and the border are stunning!

jimlynn said...

Cute idea to use the cider for that border! I've never even though of doing something like that - not that I'd know how to do it anyway! LOL!
Love your card Carol. All the tiny leaves are just perfect.
Lynn

Di said...

Brilliant card Carol! Love the cheeky chipmunk and you did a lot of snipetty snipping with the leaves and acorns! Great result :)

Hugs

Di xx

Sarn said...

Fab autumnal card. Love it. xxx

Jean said...

Lovely autumn colours again Carol, I love the sentiment and all the punched out leaves.
Jean x

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Ha Ha, weren't we just talking about chipmunks? This is too dang cute!

Hettie said...

This is gorgeous Carol. I love the cheeky chipmunk...he would fit right in to the Playground!
hugs
xx

Princess Judy Palmer said...

I love fall! All 2 weeks of it. It is nowhere in sight here though. I love your card with all the leaves and acorns punched out, and of course the yummy colors. Speaking of yummy, can that chipmunk spare a sip of cider?!

Brenda said...

Well blogger isn't playing nice, so I'm going to try leaving a comment again. lol I love this cute autumn card Carol! This little chipmunk is too cute with this chubby cheeks and nice warm drink. He sure is dapper looking. Love the fun papers you used-such great autumn colors. Love the sentiment and love the border you made with the drink. The leaves scattered around gives the feel of the leaves falling. Great autumn card! Not sure where this summer went but it sure did fly by!! Today was nice and hot and humid, a perfect day by the pool and I did just that with 2 of my granddaughter and DIL. I hope Sept gives us more of these days before old man autumn comes. Hugs, Brenda

Regina said...

Carol, it's a wonderful card with autumn colors! The digi is cute and your layout is great!
Regina*

Crafty Judith said...

Hi Carol fabulous card he is so cute - loving the border and the papers are delicious hugs Judith xxx

Danielle Vincent said...

I love how you created that strip with the mugs of cider on it. Really beautiful card. The little leaves are the perfect touch! Hugs D

Carol Ric said...

Super cute card. Love the added border.