Thursday, August 7, 2014

Paper Pieced Umbrellas


I had time to make another card today, and since a friend asked me to make her a shower card, I thought I'd combine her request with the Mod Squad Pretty Pieces challenge (do some paper piecing).

I have been playing with this Wild Orchid cardstock from GinaK and just love the color! For this card I paper pieced some dollar store umbrella stamps with some GinaK Garden Tour dsp. I paper pieced the 4th umbrella with the wild orchid for a little balance. The sentiment panel was done with a SU! stamp and layered on a Crealies Text Tag. The border was done with a fancy scallop punch, and I added some "rain drops" with a stamp by Judith. For the final touch, I added some royal blue gems to the umbrella tops and sentiment panel. The neutral panel is Soft Stone card stock.

I hope she likes this card, as I seldom have requests to make shower cards and don't own any stamps for the occasion.

Thanks for stopping by and make it a great day!

Carol

11 comments:

jimlynn said...

I needed this about 2 weeks ago!!! Cute shower card and I love, love, love all those pretty umbrellas done up in the patterned paper. Sensational!
Lynn

Crafty Judith said...

They are just so adorable Carol great card hun love it hugs Judith xxx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Very pretty!!! Beautiful colors and design!

Brenda said...

this is such a pretty card Carol! I love the fun paper you used and of course the umbrella's. The color combo is fabulous and I always love that punch border. Hugs, Brenda

Princess Judy Palmer said...

It is a fabulous card and I really like it. It's a great way to make a shower card. Pretty paper!

Benzi said...

Very pretty, Carol, and those papers are just wonderful. Of course, the umbrellas are just perfect for your shower card.

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

How did I miss this??? So pretty, and I am sure she will love it. The pieced umbrellas are striking!

Regina said...

Carol, your card is totally adorable!
Your friend will be delighted with these.
hugs Regina

MaryH said...

I don't do shower or wedding cards, and only ever had one baby card. No stamps for any of these occasions. Love that patterned paper on the right. Looks great with your fav purple-color solid. Love the way you created the left side patterns too. The tiny blue 'raindrop rhinestones' were such a detail on this pretty card. Super use on the umbrella too. TFS

scrappymo! said...

This is so sweet! Love those paper pieced umbrellas.

Tricia T said...

I love these happy umbrellas! Great job with the paper piecing!! Thanks for playing in the Mod Squad challenge this week!