Saturday, June 14, 2014

This Little Light of Mine....


My card today uses a "try before you buy" free digital image from Deedee's digis called "Little Light." This digital image was pre-colored, so all I did was add some yellow stickles to the little light on his bum :) I hand-cut the curvy sentiment and matted with some bright orange cardstock. The "buttons" were done with an Impression Obsession button die in orange and cocoa, layered on top of each other and threaded with some yellow & white twisted twine. The dsp was a scrap from my stash. Be sure to check out Deedee's brand new store where you can find lots of adorable digis for very reasonable prices, including several choices of "try before you buy" freebies.

Deedee's June digi challenge is into full swing too, and if you aren't already aware of how it works - just play along this month, and the following month your free July digi will be emailed to you! It doesn't get any easier than that! You can click here for details and learn how to get June's digi for a reduced price or for free (during June) if you didn't play along last month.

The sun finally made an appearance here in PA and it's a beautiful morning! I wish you sunshine wherever you are today too! Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful weekend!

Carol

14 comments:

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

It really does look beautiful outside. Just love this cute firefly, with his sparkly butt! Great use of this digi, Carol!

Di said...

Oh Carol, you did it again - so cute and very funny! You used the word scrap, remember I don't mind some back linking to the Playground when it reopens:) I neeeeed to check out those digis - LOVE this little sweetie and a great sentiment too.

I guess you'll have heard this little ditty:

I wish I was a glow worm,
a glow worm's never glum.
'Cos how can you be sad,
when the sun shines out your bum!

Have a lovely weekend - you little scallywag!

Hugs, Di xx

Donna Hanley said...

The only light I see around here is coming from this little guy's bum. LOL It is still cloudy and gloomy here. You did such a sweet job with this darling free image. Boy are you good at hand cutting. Your sentiment actually looks like a die piece. Love, love, love the way your made those button and bows. Have a great day.

KT Fit Kitty said...

Such an adorable card! Love it!

XxJULESxX said...

Gorgeous cute card! love Di's ditty lol!

Crafty Judith said...

Ah bless Carol love him hun he is super cute and the sentiment is brill- used to sing that song when I was a Brownie Guide loads of years ago - thanks for the memory hugs Judith x

scrappymo! said...

This wins my cuteness award for the day! It is a dark, rainy day here so this little bit of light brightened up my mood!

Cute, cute card!

JD/ Jill said...

Yes it is a pretty day, I'm enjoying it, and would you believe I have another stamp night tonight? I know, I'm a very fortunate person.
Cute card, and the sentiment reminds be of my vacation bible school days...

jimlynn said...

Love this little guys behind in all that shimmer and gold! He must have brought out the sun for y'all up there too. Loving the button die!!! Precious card.
Lynn

Diane Jaquay said...

Hee hee, so cute with his sparkly hinder! Sweet little card, Carol! I SO enjoyed the weather we had today, wish every day could be so perfect!

StampTramps said...

Cute! I like those little string bows behind the buttons! Nice idea!
Enjoy the sunshine today! It seems to be a rare event!

Brenda said...

Awww, this card is just too cute Carol!! I love that little firefly image and of course the stickles on his bum is just to cute and perfect!! The sentiment is awesome and I love your buttons and paper you chose. I will have to try a choose before you buy image as I am just loving the ones you have been using. Good to see Mr. Sunshine isn't it?!!! Have a wonderful Sunday my friend. Hugs, Brenda

MaryH said...

Oh so cute! Love the glitter light on his little self! Just like what we're seeing outside right now. This is one adorable digi, and will have to check it out. Loved the buttons and this one just made me smile. TFS

Princess Judy Palmer said...

What a sweet lightning bug!