Thursday, April 17, 2014

Simon in Ombre


Here's my card for this week's Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge - "animal antics." What better animal image to use than the Simon Says Stamp signature image - Simon! I used a piece of Ombre orange/teal dsp, and paper pieced Simon's cool duds with a piece of matching dsp in smaller stars. I added a little bowtie, embossed an orange panel with a Darice tiny stars ef, and added the sentiment on a ticket punch with a hand-cut banner, some ribbon & bling. The expression on Simon's face indicates he might be involved in many animal antics from time to time :) Cute!!

That's all for me for this Thursday, but thank you for dropping by and have yourself a wonderful day!

Carol

11 comments:

Benzi said...

Yep, I think Simon could be a bit mischievous. He's a real cutie. Love your star background. His outfit, including that fun bowtie, is just adorable. Love it!

Irish Cherokee said...

Simon sure id decked out. At least he is ready for the fun and games. He has me seeing stars. LOL. Great fun card Carol.

Diane Jaquay said...

Well look at Simon, all decked out in his patriotic best! Love it!

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Awwww...! Simon is looking good is his star print jacket. He's ready to get into some antics for sure.

Lin said...

Love your card, Carol! Simon never looked better! Thanks so much for playing with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Snoopy said...

Oh, how adorable! I love the paper pieced shirt. Too cute!

Hugs,
Snoopy :D

jimlynn said...

Simon looks pretty dapper in his little sweater and bow tie! SO cute and love all those wonderful stars.
Lynn

Donna Hanley said...

Whew - Top Dog for sure! Great paper piecing and I really like the ombre look as well as your sentiment piece. Enjoy your evening

MaryH said...

I'm likin' Simon's pieced outfit on this card, and he looks as though he's either getting ready to do some mischief or else he's already done it. Cute expression. Love the stars on the embossing and that ombre dp is so pretty. Don't believe I've seen that on my travels. Yummy. Nifty card, and thanks for the bday wishes. I will be 70 in a couple months myself. Not a bad age! Hope ya'll didn't get the snow I heard about. TFS & Hugs

JD/ Jill said...

This is so cute! I like that cute bow tie too. Great colors!

Brenda said...

OMGosh Carol is is just too stinkin' cute!! This dog always cracks me up when I go to SSS but now you have really made him all gussied up! He is so cute with his dud clothes and yes, I can see where he would get into lots of animal antics! lol Hugs