Saturday, February 8, 2014

I'm in the Mood for Purple


I recently won some fantastic goodies from a thoughtful blogger friend Mary who blogs at Carolina Cards and I'm using some of those awesome products for my cards today. {thanks again Mary!} I was in a purple mood, so I made a few cards for OWH. Mother's day will be here before we know it, so I'm trying to get them finished up before the deadline for mailing.
This beautiful background was done with 2 coordinating Anna Griffin Modern Vines embossing folders and a few scraps of lavender & eggplant card stock & ribbon. The sentiment was done with MFT alpha stamps and I added 3 gemstone stickers I've had in my stash forever.


I used a Spellbinder's Medallion five for the main focal point on this card. I layered it with a scrap of lavender cardstock to add dimension, and finished it with 2 prima flowers and a mini button brad. Beneath it, I used a SU! doily stamp with Versamark, and heat-embossed with white ep. Then I sponged lulu lavender ink from the center out to the edges. I added a piece of lavender satin ribbon with a SU! sentiment and called this one finished! I'm sure there are lots of moms out there who love the color purple as much as I do, so hopefully this will bring joy to some mom out there waiting to hear from her loved ones so far away from home! I've made 2 more purple cards for Mom that I'll post at a later time.

Wishing you a happy Saturday and for those still without power, I hope it's restored for you soon! I have 2 blogging friends who live nearby that have been without power for most of the week and don't expect service to be restored until Sunday. That has to be extremely difficult to live that way, but hopefully this will soon be behind you and life can resume as you know it!

Take care, stay warm, and make it a great Saturday!

Carol

10 comments:

JD/ Jill said...

Carol, these cares are just beautiful! I'm sure there are Mother's out there who will love the PURPLE color you used as much as you like purple. Hope you have a great weekend!

Benzi said...

Fabulous cards for a Mom, Carol. I love the embossing folder on the first and the embossed doily is so pretty on the second one. Loving your purples, too.

Oh, to be without power for that long would be terrible.

Irish Cherokee said...

Both cards are pretty. (I get tired of the word beautiful, even though these cards qualify) LOL. Nice.

jimlynn said...

Beautiful embossing on that first card and I do love the purples!
The second is a beauty too. Love the look of the SU doily you embossed behind that gorgeous die!
Two wonderful cards!
Hope y'all start thawing out a little up that way.
Lynn

merrymstamper said...

Beautiful purple cards!!! Love the ribbon treatment on the second card :)

MaryH said...

Can I just say 2 big WOWs? Both of these are drop down gorgeous, and I seldom use purple. That doily is luscious behind the medallions, and I think the dark purple was so rich with this die. And I'm impressed with the EF too. It's beautiful the way you used it, again I think the purple family was perfect for both these cards. Happy crafting, and happy that you got to enjoy the goodies. Thanks for the shoutout! Have a good wkend & so glad you kept power. Hugs

Donna Hanley said...

You can never go wrong with purple especially when you produce such gorgeous cards as these two. I could not pick a favorite because they each have their own special touches that I love. Love the embossing on your first card and I always love it when you use the doily and color it like you did on your second card. I, too, feel very bad for those still out of power. We were lucky enough not to lose ours this storm. Hope you enjoy the rest of your day.

Princess Judy Palmer said...

These are both so elegant and pretty. I'm sure there are many moms out there who are thrilled by the color purple!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

It is so good to be online and to be able to leave a comment. These cards are simply beautiful. I scrolled back to see what you have been up to. My, my, you have been busy. I was so cold, that I just could not get my hands working, even when there was sunshine outside. Not too thrilled that we have more inches coming this afternoon. Keep up the beautiful work, and I would love to borrow that gorgeous ef!

scrappymo! said...

Two more gorgeous card. They are both so lovely but i am drawn to the second one. What a lovely die and the layers on that gorgeous doily stamp look so perfect!