Friday, January 17, 2014

Cardz 4 Guyz


I found a new challenge blog that just started up called Cards4Guyz and their first challenge is to make a masculine birthday card. Making masculine cards is something I really enjoy doing, so this one went together easily for me. I dug into my box of die cuts and doo-dads, and found 2 different sized ribbon slides and decided to use them. The striped dsp pieces were layered on red hand-cut banners, while the die cut sentiment has a piece of dsp woven through the ends (not a polka dot ribbon). I added some embossing to the background with a SU! ef, and a few silver brads. The sentiment is a stamp I bought at a local stamp store that has no name on it.

Because this is made up of so many snippets, I'm also entering it into the Snippets Playground #107, just a few hours before the gates close! It seems the hurrier I go, the behinder I get :)

Thanks for stopping by!

Carol

12 comments:

Di said...

Great card Carol, and lots of snippetty bits used :-) You do make super male cards - which is something I just have issues with when faced with them.

You might be last into the Playground this week - although I've known little feet to come running with minutes to spare :-)

Hugs, Di xx

Donna Hanley said...

Carol, this is perfect guy card. that embossing is so very interesting. and the color scheme is one of my favorites. Enjoy your day.

Basslady said...

i love the cool look of your card so much!
especially the SU folder is so gorgeous and on my wishlist!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

Desire Fourie said...

Just perfectly masculine. Love the tyre tread backdrop.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

merrymstamper said...

perfect card! Great use of paper snips. I love the embossed background!

jimlynn said...

Great masculine card and fun use of all the snippets! Love those little ribbon slides and the way you used them. Nice embossing and that great white space.
I've been STAYING behind so know the feeling!
Lynn

scrappymo! said...

Great guy card...love that embossed background.

Anonymous said...

Hi, great card, thank you for joining us for our 1st challenge Cardz 4 Guyz. Good luck and we hope to see you soon.

Hugs Erin DT x

Cazro said...

So cool, a wonderful male card, love the texture provided by the embossing folder, great colour choice. Thanks for sharing with us at Cardz4Guyz, I would love to see you again with us. Caz

Brenda said...

Cool card, love that embossing folder and love this card!

Princess Judy Palmer said...

I'm totally going to have to check out the Cardz4Guyz blog. Oddly enough, when rooting around in my stamps I often find things that would make good dude cards but then when I have to make them.... can't think of anything. I like your card with the red, black and white and the buckles. It is a great dude card!

Kimbo said...

I love the simplicity of this - just perfect. Thanks for playing along at our first challenge at Cardz 4 Guyz x