Friday, September 6, 2013

Cup of Joy in my Favorite Colors

Today I've made a card with another beautiful pre-colored digi image from Deedee Anderson called "Cup of Joy." I just love those purple flowers with yellow centers! I fussy cut the image and popped it up on dimensionals on top of a recycled doily, and the flourish is by Cheery Lynn. The tiny flowers were done with a Quickutz die in matching card stock, while the sentiment panel was done with Spellbinders Circle dies. I added some Spica glitter pen accents to the teacup and leaves to add a little sparkle. I decided to make a 5x5" square card because I needed a little bit more room to assemble all the elements I wanted to include.

You can find this digital set with sentiments at DianesDaydreamDesigns or by clicking the badge on my sidebar.

Thanks for stopping by and make it a great Friday!

Carol

9 comments:

Donna Hanley said...

Oh super pretty image and it looks so nice against the doily. It matches your round sentiment in the perfect way. Love those little tiny flowers you added. Enjoy your day.

~ Kathy said...

Love the color combination! This reminds me of "tea parties" I would have out in my neighbor's elaborate, Englidh style, garden!

Benzi said...

Loving the purples and yellows together. You did some wonderful fussy cutting and made a beautiful card.

jimlynn said...

Beautiful and I DO love those colors together!!! Love the way you added the doily behind the image. So pretty!!
Lynn

JD/ Jill said...

Beautiful card!

I so want to find time to get to card making again...I so miss it.

Hope you are enjoying our fabulous weather!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Love this... I am going to be recycling some of those doily rounds, myself. Extras from the shower favors. Love this sweet little cup of posies!

Loly Borda said...

gorgeous card Carol, love those colors . TFS

scrappymo! said...

So pretty. The spica pen really lifts those areas...must remember to use mine!

Sandy said...

This card is really elegant and I really love the color combo of it. The pretty vines are a great touch with the flowers and doily. And I love the way you added the sentiment.