Friday, August 23, 2013

Two from one Cutting


I've been playing around with some pretty papers from SU! called Eastern Elegance that include the colors of Coastal Cabana, Delightful Daffodil and Smoky Slate. I cut 1" squares and adhered them to a piece of cardstock in a quilt-type pattern, then die cut with a Top Note die, and for the final touch I embossed the whole piece with a CB decorative tiles ef. The flowers are from the SU! Flower shop set, and were done with a SU! Pansy Punch, adding punches from the Boho Blossom punch to the centers. The sentiment panel was done with a SB grommet tag and a Sweet 'N Sassy (SNSS) sentiment stamped in smoky slate. I added one of those super old dragonfly brads I've had in my stash forever, and put this all on a smoky slate card base.


I decided to use the frame left over from the top note card above to make another card. The image is Penny Black, and it was layered on labels four and labels 18 dies from Spellbinders. I attached a snippet of SU! chevron stripe ribbon to the top with a mini brad and used my label maker to create the sentiment, matting those pieces on smoky slate card stock. I made this card for the Stars and Stamps midweek throwdown which is "cards for kids."

I'm also entering this card into Pixie's Crafty Snippets Playground #86 since the frame is completely made up of snippets.

Wishing you all a great Friday! Thanks for stopping by!

Carol

12 comments:

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

What a great way to use it all up! I love how you changed up the embossing from one to the other. Very pretty paper!

Sandy said...

Wow! LOVE the color combo on both of these cards! I love the beautiful flowers on the top card and the embossed top note die. The Penny Black lamb and how you did the sentiment! So many cute layers to that card.

Benzi said...

Great two cards...good way to use the top note and the left over frame. Oh, I love the sheep..they are just the cutest animals. Great colors in your paper.

Di said...

Wow Carol - two fabulous cards here. I've been going to try the patchwork and then emboss for a while now, yours are so lovely I might skip it :) LOVE the snippets make, clever to die cut before embossing so you can use the negative differently. Of course the sheep is always very welcome too in the Playground!

Hugs, Di xx

Donna Hanley said...

Two wonderful cards, Carol. Love these colors together and that dragon fly on your first card, as little as it is, adds something so big to the whole card. Just a great finishing touch. Your second card is perfect for a kid. Adorable image and a fantastic way to use up for left over paper from your top note. have a great weekend.

jimlynn said...

I can't pick a favorite here since they're BOTH sensational!!!! Lovely flowers on the first one and cute little sheep on the second! Great way to use the negative portion of that die too.
Lynn

nwilliams6 said...

Carol, these are wonderful. Super colors, great textures, fun details. Love them both! Hugz!

JD/ Jill said...

Two great cards. I like the colors you chose...the flowers are pretty one the first one. and the image on your second card is cute, especially with those yellow boots! Nicely done.

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

They are so pretty Carol, how fun and clever to make 2 lovely card with just one cutting!

Maria said...

Very pretty cards...love the color palette!

Penny Ward said...

So loving these "quilty" cards...so beautiful!

Linby said...

Quilting embossing is one of my fav techniques and you applied it beautifully here, love the colour combo especially.
Linbyx