Saturday, August 10, 2013

Simon Says Triangles

The Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week is "triangles." I suppose these Christmas trees can be considered triangles, so I made 3 cards in different colors. The background & tree in the foreground are both Hero Arts stamps. I heat embossed them with gold ep on red cardstock, adding a SU! embossed sentiment and a metallic gold star done with a SU! mini punch.


Here's the navy, white, & silver version, with a silver star on top of the tree, although the picture shows it as gold. I heat-embossed the background stamp with white ep to look like snow, and added embossing with a swiss dots ef to continue with the snowy look. The single tree in the front was heat-embossed with silver ep.


Here's the Island Indigo, Pool Party, & silver version, using a different Hero Arts tree background stamp, along with a CB embossed background. That completes 3 more cards I can add to my Christmas stash :)

Thanks for stopping by and have yourself a fantastic weekend!

Carol

15 comments:

Donna Hanley said...

A gorgeous job on all three cards. They are all beautiful and put me right in the holiday spirit. A total touch of class. enjoy the weekend. It's going to be 85° today here.

Linda said...

Wile they all are gorgeous, i am thinking that my fave is the last...something about the colors and the contrast between the trees. Super duper!

jimlynn said...

Three great cards for the holidays! Love all the trees and that design is fabulous. So very pretty!
Lynn

Sue from Oregon said...

This is absolutely stunning Carol!!!!! Red being my fave color-I am partial to that one!!! Cool stamps!

Darnell said...

Gasp! Sooo winning, Carol! What a brilliant triangle idea and stahunning cards!!!

JD/ Jill said...

Fabulous cards! Definitely inspires me to get out my heat gun and embossing powder! I could not pick a favorite...well, all three would be in my favorites! Very nicely done!

Kim S said...

Fabulous "triangles"!! I love the way you have altered those images!

Denise Price said...

Great trio! I particularly like all the embossed "snow" on the second card.

Loly Borda said...

Gorgeous Carol! Wow, I couldn't pick a favorite, I love the 3 of them. Fabulous job! TFS

Loly Borda said...

Gorgeous cards Carol! Wow, I couldn't pick a favorite as I love the three different versions. Fabulous job! TFS

Di said...

Sheer perfection Carol! I love all three and you did a fabulous job here.

Hugs, Di xx

Benzi said...

Oh, you are so clever to think of these trees for your triangle challenge. Each card is just beautiful. That stash is growing and you'll be sittin' pretty come Christmas time.

wannabcre8tive said...

These trees are just faboulous. I think the first one is my fav.

debby4000 said...

What fabulous Christmas cards and love that triangle tree.

Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge.

luv
Debby

Wendy said...

Good golly....these are AWESOME!! Such pretty images and I love the embossing! Nice job, Carol!! :)