Thursday, August 29, 2013

Ruff Day? Chin Up!

I made this card with Deedee Anderson's pre-colored digital stamp set called "Darling Doggies". The sentiment just seemed perfect for this sad looking little pooch with his chin to the ground :) I used kraft, chocolate chip, and red card stock, adding a punched border done with an EK bricked border punch. The image and mat were cut with SB dies, and I wrote the name "Spike" into the banner at the top of the dog box. He just looked like a "Spike" or a "Butch" to me, but since my husband goes by the name "Butch" I thought I'd better use "Spike" :)

Here's one more card made from the same set called Darling Doggies which is available at DianesDaydreamDesigns. This is another pre-colored digi by Deedee Anderson, and I left this one pretty basic just to showcase that cute dog and large sentiment. I colored in some grass for him to sit on, and added a border die of grass done with a SNSS die. I think we all have a "ruff day" now and then, but just imagine a cute dog like this bringing something in his mouth for you to toss & play fetch with him, and all your troubles will melt away..........for a little while at least :)

Have a great Thursday and thanks for stopping by!

Carol

8 comments:

Donna Nuce said...

These are darling doggies! Plus the sentiment is fun too! Have a great day Carol!

Donna Hanley said...

Terrific Ruff Day cards. These images by Dee Dee Anderson are fabulous. I'll be doing some shopping very soon. Great coloring on these, as usual, for you. Talk soon.

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Well now, these guys came out darling. If it has doggies, it is dandy in my book!

JD/ Jill said...

Both cute cards...I know they would cheer me up...

Benzi said...

These are two great 'doggie' cards, Carol. What great images Deedee does.
A pet can cheer anyone up when they are in the dumps. I don't have one anymore and travel so much don't guess I need one but they sure are lovable.

jimlynn said...

BOTH of these are so cute! Love the doggie cards and the expression on the dog in the first card just cracks me up! It's perfect!!! Um....yes, probably better to put "Spike" instead of Butch on it though!
Love that second card too! Two very cute pups on these.
Lynn

Darnell said...

So fantastic, Carol! You and Jessi make the best poochie dogs!

Kim S said...

You are absolutely right - the sentiment is perfect for that sad little guy! It will absolutely brighten someone's day!